Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Begins Wooing Costco TE Cardholders with BCE

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Begins Wooing Costco TE Cardholders with BCE

I'm hoping that Amex will have a new product to offer next year that I could replace my TE with, plus they might get more aggressive with their sign-up bonuses as the Costco-Amex end date approaches.  I don't have much use for the BCE, but I do value having a relationship with Amex and being a cardholder so I may consider a BCE if no other option is available.

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this Saturday night. I moved 21.8k from TE into a new BCE and left the remaining 2k on the TE. My fear was Citi not letting me keep the CL I had. It was a HP but at least I still have the large CL with Amex.

Message 42 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with supervisor on March 11th for a PC and no go. As a co-brand card they said no. So upset. The first person said a card transfer, sure no prob. I get a Hp assuming I got the card, but turns out she filed it as an application called again and another representive Said no transfer for TE spoke with a supervisor and they said they would send it over for reconsideration and got my denial letter. I want that Damn BCP so bad
Message 43 of 45
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

I received my mailer for this yesterday.  My Costco TE is currently at $6000 limit, with my 181-day mark having passed by a couple months ago since I was just starting the homebuying process at the time and I'd read some posts about occasional people taking HPs for their 3x CLI requests.  I'm wondering if I ought to request the 3x CLI on my Costco TE, let that limit post, then apply for the BCE... or would it be better to just app for the BCE and hit that up immediately for 3x CLI when I receive it?

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 44 of 45
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Email offer on 19th. Snail mail offer today the 26th. I would say it was targeted towards Costco(TE) members, but not exclusively.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.