Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue APRs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Blue APRs

My Amex BC is 10.99% currently....I'm going to call in next month to request a APR reduction. Thanks for sharing everyone.
Message 11 of 36
score_building
Senior Contributor

I'm at 9.49 on my clear, and i thought that was one of the lower rates offered on the card... i'm so psyched that amex seems to be giving me a shot at a decent rate.  Your clear apr makes even much harder to get, lowish rate cards like Simmons First look mensa mensa.  Good going fused Smiley Wink 

fused wrote:
My Clear (formerly a Blue) is currently at 6.74%.

Message Edited by score_building on 08-02-2008 08:13 PM

Message Edited by score_building on 08-02-2008 08:14 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 36
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

I'm at 8.99% (includes prime) - not too bad.
Great Credit is Sexy Smiley Wink EQ 793 / TU 791 / EX 773, 6/2017
Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get an introductory rate on mine - just got 15.99. Smiley Sad

Just checked my Delta SkyMiles statements, and that has been steadily dropping from the initial 17.24 (yikes!) I got when they accepted me to its current 14.99, which it's been stuck at for a few months now.

I wonder if as my scores (hopefully) rise and my pathetically young credit history grows, they'll continue to lower my rate? Anyone know whether they automatically lower to GOOD (ie impressively low rather than just 'blah') rates, or is that something you have to call and beg for?

Not that I'm over-bothered, as it's not as though I'm going to be carrying a balance on the things anyway. The Blue's in the process of being switched to a Blue Cash - I forget what rate the CSR told me on the phone, but it wasn't anything too incredibly great. We shall see!
Message 14 of 36
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

I have 6.75% on my USAA AMEX.  I currently get 5% cashback on the 1st $650 of fuel and dining purchases and 1% on everything else.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 36
wmarat
Valued Contributor

12.99%
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

fevmlo wrote:
Just checked my Delta SkyMiles statements, and that has been steadily dropping from the initial 17.24 (yikes!) I got when they accepted me to its current 14.99, which it's been stuck at for a few months now.

Mine also started at 17.24 and is currently at 14.99.  That's because it's a variable rate, and the prime rate has come down in the meantime. Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 36
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

A lot of these seem pretty low APRs for a reward card to me.

Comments?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine also started at 17.24 and is currently at 14.99.  That's because it's a variable rate, and the prime rate has come down in the meantime. Smiley Wink

Haha - yeah, a little while after posting that I was standing in the kitchen pondering AmEx APRs and thought 'Duh! That's because my rate is prime + whatever, not because AmEx like me more than they did a few months ago!' - brain a bit slooow this morning! I meant to post again about this 'revelation' I'd just had, but you beat me to it! Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree-

I guess much of this is because prime rate is so low right now- and the other is we have some very savvy customers.

MidnightVoice wrote:
A lot of these seem pretty low APRs for a reward card to me.

Comments?

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.