Established Contributor

Re: Amex Blue APRs

My Amex BC is 10.99% currently....I'm going to call in next month to request a APR reduction. Thanks for sharing everyone.
Time to clean house and get rid of CCs from bad CCCs. Opt'd Out and Paying off the Balance: BofA. Closed: Chase Freedom. Keeping: Amex Blue, Amex Costco Cash back, Citi Forward, USAA MC, USAA Amex, and PenFed Platinum Cash Back. Next up for review: Chase Sapphire...
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
I'm at 9.49 on my clear, and i thought that was one of the lower rates offered on the card... i'm so psyched that amex seems to be giving me a shot at a decent rate.  Your clear apr makes even much harder to get, lowish rate cards like Simmons First look mensa mensa.  Good going fused :smileywink: 

fused wrote:
My Clear (formerly a Blue) is currently at 6.74%.

Message Edited by score_building on 08-02-2008 08:13 PM

Message Edited by score_building on 08-02-2008 08:14 PM
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Regular Contributor

I'm at 8.99% (includes prime) - not too bad.
Great Credit is Sexy :smileywink:

May 2013 - TU 699 / EX 718 / EQ 737

Established Contributor

I didn't get an introductory rate on mine - just got 15.99. :smileysad:

Just checked my Delta SkyMiles statements, and that has been steadily dropping from the initial 17.24 (yikes!) I got when they accepted me to its current 14.99, which it's been stuck at for a few months now.

I wonder if as my scores (hopefully) rise and my pathetically young credit history grows, they'll continue to lower my rate? Anyone know whether they automatically lower to GOOD (ie impressively low rather than just 'blah') rates, or is that something you have to call and beg for?

Not that I'm over-bothered, as it's not as though I'm going to be carrying a balance on the things anyway. The Blue's in the process of being switched to a Blue Cash - I forget what rate the CSR told me on the phone, but it wasn't anything too incredibly great. We shall see!
EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
Frequent Contributor

I have 6.75% on my USAA AMEX.  I currently get 5% cashback on the 1st $650 of fuel and dining purchases and 1% on everything else.

Current Score: EX 718 EQ 689 TU 757 23 Jun 13
Goal Score: 760 across the board by Jul 14

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

12.99%
IN VINO VERITAS.
Moderator Emeritus

fevmlo wrote:
Just checked my Delta SkyMiles statements, and that has been steadily dropping from the initial 17.24 (yikes!) I got when they accepted me to its current 14.99, which it's been stuck at for a few months now.

Mine also started at 17.24 and is currently at 14.99.  That's because it's a variable rate, and the prime rate has come down in the meantime. :smileywink:

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Super Contributor

A lot of these seem pretty low APRs for a reward card to me.

Comments?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Established Contributor

cheddar wrote:

fevmlo wrote:

Mine also started at 17.24 and is currently at 14.99.  That's because it's a variable rate, and the prime rate has come down in the meantime. :smileywink:

Haha - yeah, a little while after posting that I was standing in the kitchen pondering AmEx APRs and thought 'Duh! That's because my rate is prime + whatever, not because AmEx like me more than they did a few months ago!' - brain a bit slooow this morning! I meant to post again about this 'revelation' I'd just had, but you beat me to it! :smileyhappy:
EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
Moderator Emeritus

I have to agree-

I guess much of this is because prime rate is so low right now- and the other is we have some very savvy customers.

MidnightVoice wrote:
A lot of these seem pretty low APRs for a reward card to me.

Comments?

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.