Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Card

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Amex Blue Card

MY second statement has came and AMEX hasn't reported to credit bureaus yet. I guess it will take 45 days or 60 days for them to report. I am anxious to see what that account will do to my credit scores since it will be backdated from 1989. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Blue Card

How long ago did your statement post?

EX updates right away, but a third-party monitoring system, even one from Experian, might not pull a genuinely new report. And Eq and TU often take a week or more to update.

It could be that AmEx has sent in the info, but it's either not yet posted, or you're just not seeing it yet on the reports that you're pulling.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 22
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

August 26. I have score watch with equifax I know they are kind of slow. The last transunion i pulled was the free one this week it wasnt on it but my my citi was, but i pretty sure it was before my statement close on my amex. I havent pulled my experian lately. I will just wait till i get a alert from equifax.

Message 3 of 22
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Keep us posted.

Message 4 of 22
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I got this card about 5 months ago the first statement reported on time but thereafter has been slow. I think it is 2 cycles behind. I think they like to encourage card usage and I am getting the impression they will not report a 0 balance. Could just be a bit paranoid though.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 22
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

It took close to six weeks for my AMEX Blue card to post.  Please keep us posted when yours does.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 6 of 22
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I got 2 cards approved last week. I want to see when they will post. I am hoping to get a boost with AAoA. 

Message 7 of 22
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Just updating, Its been been 5 weeks still no reporting from AMEX for my blue card. on my credit bureaus. Why do they take so long to report when you open a new card? 

Message 8 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Have you gotten a statement yet? Some people have AmEx accounts that update as soon as the statement drops, but many others still don't update until 4 weeks after the statement.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 22
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

I've received my second statement like a week ago. It close on th 25 or 26th. I notice someone said it took 6 weeks so maybe thats the magic number.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.