Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Card

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Blue Card

Have you pulled any reports since the second statement, or are you relying on Scorewatch to notice?

If AmEx updated on, say, the 22nd, and EQ didn't post it until maybe the 1st, the alert might be shuffling through the SW system.

If you are able to pull an Eperian report from anywhere, you might check if it shows up there. EX generally posts new data within 24 hours of receiving the info from the creditor. EQ and TU can vary from 3 days to several weeks.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 22
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

No, I haven't pulled my experian credit report lately. I just didn't want to pull it because I can't get a credit score so I wouldn't know how the account effected me. I was waiting for my score watch alert because I will know which way my score or even a alert from true credit. True credit just reported 2 days ago saying I didn't have any new accounts. I took advantage of that lawsuit and got 6 months of monitoring free. It expired in July but they are still telling every week if I had any thing reported my credit report.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same position as you.  I received my Zync on 8/24 (Tuesday) my card arrived with a member since date of 10, however when I registered on line I noticed it had a member since date of 89 (I was an AU back then) I called AMEX in regards to the Member since date and they said they would mail me a new card showing the member since date as 89.  I received the card on 8/26 (Thursday).  I still haven't gotten a scorewatch alert from EQ either.  I'm waiting to see if it will have an impact in my score.  I did check EX and they have reported but just like you said no score so it's useless.

I'll keep you posted.

Message 13 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

You won't get a Score Watch alert because it isn't a 'new' account! I discovered for myself that my recently acquired Green Card had a member date of '10 but the website was reporting '96. Fast forward about 7 weeks and nothing showed on EQ as an alert so I pulled a new report and *bam*! AMEX was listed as an active trade--not new--but with an open date of 06/1996, thus it is not a new account so it wouldn't trigger any alerts!

If you got a couple of statements from AMEX, I'd say it was time to pull new reports.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you see an increase in your Fico score?

Message 15 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Hells yeah I saw an increase! Approximately 26 points on TU and 31 points on EQ. It's now my oldest account @14.2 years.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't gotten a score watch alert that my score went up, is that normal?

Did you get a score watch alert?  I just checked my credit report via USAA and AMEX is reporting on all three CBA

Message 17 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you get a score watch alert?  I just checked my credit report via USAA and AMEX is reporting on all three CBA

Scorewatch Guide

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, no alert. None. Had to pull a new report to see any changes--and then it was updated.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the info.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.