Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash Denial.

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Cash Denial.

@ccnewcc wrote:

65$ a week on Gas?  That's insane.  Thats equalivant to drving over 1,200 miles a month.

65 a wk * 4 weeks a month = $260 a month gas bill

260 / $4.50 a gallon (about avg price of one of the highest places in the country for gas HI) = 57.7 Gallons of gas

57.7 Gallons of gas * 21 MPG (typicall avg for cars these days) = 1,213 Miles.

1,213 miles driven per month seems extreme and most likely unrealistic for most ppl.

Lol my parents wish they only spent 260 a month. They spend more than that a week. Even my brother who does not own businesses spends more than $65 a week. A lot of people still drive SUVs, and whenever I fill it up it costs about 90 dollars. A few months ago it was easily over 100. Trucks also burn a lot. 21 MPG is really only for small vehicles, which not many people have.

Message 41 of 51
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

65$ a week on Gas?  That's insane.  Thats equalivant to drving over 1,200 miles a month.

260 / $4.50 a gallon (about avg price of one of the highest places in the country for gas HI) = 57.7 Gallons of gas

57.7 Gallons of gas / 21 MPG (typicall avg for cars these days) = 1,213 Miles.

1,213 miles driven per month seems extreme and most likely unrealistic for most ppl.

I don't know if you realize  according to the national average reported by Department of Transportation the average driver in America drives about 13,500 miles a year which is about what you claim is "extreme and most likely unrealistic" 

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/onh00/bar8.htm

Actually for the gas that i pay (about 3.50 a gallon) that would be 1,582 miles per month or 18,991 a year.  

I do a lot of driving but not 19K miles a year.

Message 42 of 51
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

57.7 Gallons of gas * 21 MPG (typicall avg for cars these days) = 1,213 Miles.

Lol my parents wish they only spent 260 a month. They spend more than that a week. Even my brother who does not own businesses spends more than $65 a week. A lot of people still drive SUVs, and whenever I fill it up it costs about 90 dollars. A few months ago it was easily over 100. Trucks also burn a lot. 21 MPG is really only for small vehicles, which not many people have.

I am shocked that so many ppl spend so much on gas.  Stunned lol.

21 MPG, i have a late model V6 large midsize.  Hardly small lol

Message 43 of 51
distantarray
Established Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

Actually for the gas that i pay (about 3.50 a gallon) that would be 1,582 miles per month or 18,991 a year.  

I do a lot of driving but not 19K miles a year.

Also remember it's based off what you drive as well, and the rate of gas prices. But I drive a Lexus IS which isn't a gas hog by any means, there are PLENTY worse than me and I only live 13 miles away from my work, I know people who live over hour drive away. Just because you would never go over doesn't mean no one else does.

Everything is subjective to your lifestyle, if it's credit cards with annual fees, or car you decide to drive for looks style gas mileage or whatever. Do the research and weigh your pros and cons and decide accordingly, don't take anyone's word for it, but research research research before you commit. Not enough people research so we have a great deficit in this country cause people believed in a idiot to run the country. (Bush) and surprisingly we got 2 nice choices for cannidates to choose from this year. 1. Obama the underachiever or 2. Mitt Romney the compulsive liar who has no firm backbone on anything he claims he believes. 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 44 of 51
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

I am shocked that so many ppl spend so much on gas.  Stunned lol.

21 MPG, i have a late model V6 large midsize.  Hardly small lol

Running a retail and janitorial business needs big vehicles. 12-15 MPG is about normal for the vehicles we use. My brother gets about 18; he has a Pontiac G8 and loves to floor it any chance he gets. I guess a single person who lives close to their job may not spend $65 a week, but for families or people who commute, $65 a week would be very welcomed.

I guess I was wrong about only being small vehicles. I have not seen an SUV or truck with 21 MPG though. I really dislike cards. I like to be able to see when I drive and just like all the space that an SUV has.

Message 45 of 51
alboto
Regular Contributor

I have a focus and I get around 30 mpg and I live 35 miles from work.
Message 46 of 51
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

one a good day my SUV will give me 10 city 16 highway

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 47 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 2yrs I've put almost 50k miles on my car..2009 Chevrolet impala SS that gets about 24mpg on the highway, and I live 1.5mi from work. We are in the country though and go into town alot..about 15mi away.
Message 48 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to get off subject but I noticed your score moved up rather quickly in just a little over a year, I made some mistakes over the years and my credit took a hit for hit.  I finally paid everything off in 2010 but my scores have been stuck in the mid 600's since Feb.  Any advice?

Message 49 of 51
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Send good will letters n phonecalls

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.