cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash Everyday. To backdate or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Blue Cash Everyday. To backdate or not?

I just got a Amex Blue Cash Everyday for $3500.  This time last year, I was on the black list from a green card I had in 2004. It was a company card through my employer but had my name on it. When I left the company, I had a $800 balance that I told them to pay with my unused vacation pay. They refused to do it so I never paid it. Last year I talked to Amex and asked them if I paid the balance, would they give me a new card?  They said yes so I asked them to send me a bill but they never did. I read somewhere that if you are on the black list, you can apply and be instantly denied without a hard pull so I tried it and voila, approved.  I could really use the back dating, but I worry that if I ask them for it, they will cancel this new card. Any suggestions???

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Blue Cash Everyday. To backdate or not?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got a Amex Blue Cash Everyday for $3500.  This time last year, I was on the black list from a green card I had in 2004. It was a company card through my employer but had my name on it. When I left the company, I had a $800 balance that I told them to pay with my unused vacation pay. They refused to do it so I never paid it. Last year I talked to Amex and asked them if I paid the balance, would they give me a new card?  They said yes so I asked them to send me a bill but they never did. I read somewhere that if you are on the black list, you can apply and be instantly denied without a hard pull so I tried it and voila, approved.  I could really use the back dating, but I worry that if I ask them for it, they will cancel this new card. Any suggestions???

There is no backdating any longer.

Message 2 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Backdating is done like Irish said.
Message 3 of 10
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There is no backdating any longer.

+1 That train left the station months ago.  No more back dating from AMEX.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 5 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

You wouldn't be backdated to a company card even if they were backdating.

Message 6 of 10
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

As with most things, this would be a YMMV situation (if they were still backdating).

My first personal card (original BC) with AmEx was obtained in December 2010. I called to have it backdated to 2008 (when I got my corporate card), and they did it. All of the cards I have gotten with them since then were all backdated to 2008 as well.

Then again, it may have been the way I went about it. When I first got my corporate card, I set up online access. Later, when I got my BC, I called them asking the Member Since date didn't match the date on my online profile. I refrained from informing the CSR that the profile existed, due to the corporate card. My guess is that the CSR didn't check for that.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 7 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Odiseous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

As with most things, this would be a YMMV situation (if they were still backdating).

My first personal card (original BC) with AmEx was obtained in December 2010. I called to have it backdated to 2008 (when I got my corporate card), and they did it. All of the cards I have gotten with them since then were all backdated to 2008 as well.

Then again, it may have been the way I went about it. When I first got my corporate card, I set up online access. Later, when I got my BC, I called them asking the Member Since date didn't match the date on my online profile. I refrained from informing the CSR that the profile existed, due to the corporate card. My guess is that the CSR didn't check for that.

It's unfortunate that it's all 'academic' now anyway, since they removed that 'benefit' (or, perhaps a better word is 'perk').

My first American Express was opened in 1995.  I opened my current Green and BCP in April 2015, missing the 'cutoff' for backdating by a matter of weeks.  Having two cards with a 20 year "history" would have really helped the AAoA...

Oh well, at least they let me be "in" the club again! 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got in under the wire on my ED, but too late for the SimplyCash. 

Message 9 of 10
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your Card or AMEX website may show member since 2004.

Your credit reports will show the date you were approved or applied for the card.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.