Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Amex Blue Cash Everyday' vs 'Amex Everyday Card'

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

'Amex Blue Cash Everyday' vs 'Amex Everyday Card'

Those 2 cards are very similar.  Anyone can share with me about your opinion on pros and cons of each card?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: 'Amex Blue Cash Everyday' vs 'Amex Everyday Card'

@Anonymous wrote:

Those 2 cards are very similar.  Anyone can share with me about your opinion on pros and cons of each card?  

The Everyday earns better rewards, because they can be transferred to airline frequent flier programmes. If you never fly, BCE earns cash.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The very basic question is whether you want cash back, or travel rewards via MR points.

If you want cash back, don't get the BCE anyway, as the Sallie Mae is better at every spend point.   If you want an Amex, either just to have or to use, the Everyday is a reasonable choice.  If you value MRs at around 2c each, with 20 purchases a month, the card is earning ~ 2.4% on uncategorized spend, and 4.8 on the first $6K of groceries.    So even though Everyday doesn't cover gas like the BCE, the 2.4% is still better than 2% offererd by BCE, and there are many better gas cards, including the Sallie Mae for up to $250 a month.

Now if you don't travel, think you won't etc, but want an Amex, get the Sallie Mae for the rewards and the Everyday for the Amex.  Basically, the Everyday has potential, you may one day use if for travel rewards, BCE has no such potential.

Yes, I am strongly against the BCE!

Message 3 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The very basic question is whether you want cash back, or travel rewards via MR points.

If you want cash back, don't get the BCE anyway, as the Sallie Mae is better at every spend point.   If you want an Amex, either just to have or to use, the Everyday is a reasonable choice.  If you value MRs at around 2c each, with 20 purchases a month, the card is earning ~ 2.4% on uncategorized spend, and 4.8 on the first $6K of groceries.    So even though Everyday doesn't cover gas like the BCE, the 2.4% is still better than 2% offererd by BCE, and there are many better gas cards, including the Sallie Mae for up to $250 a month.

Now if you don't travel, think you won't etc, but want an Amex, get the Sallie Mae for the rewards and the Everyday for the Amex.  Basically, the Everyday has potential, you may one day use if for travel rewards, BCE has no such potential.

Yes, I am strongly against the BCE!

Another major plus for everyday is its only no AF card out there that can transfer Mr to airline partners. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than the name, these cards are not similar at all.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.