Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash Offer

tag
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

Amex Blue Cash Offer

Hi All!

Yesterday i received an invitation for the Blue Cash card from Amex. The invitation has an RSVP code listed on the front page along with a web link for online application.

How good is this card? The interest rates seem awfully high as stated in the terms and conditions, with 3 interest rates listed as 17.24%, 19.24%, and 21.24%.....along with a default rate of 27.24%(ouch). The card has no annual fee, but those interest rates seem a bit excessive considering my credit history is so good and the fact that this is an upper tier card, right?

Is this some kind of standard "targetted" type of offer?

EQUIFAX - 640 1/05/12 - Goal of 720 by Mid May!
Transunion - 637 - 01/15/10
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Cash Offer

@Lucid08 wrote:

Hi All!

Yesterday i received an invitation for the Blue Cash card from Amex. The invitation has an RSVP code listed on the front page along with a web link for online application.

How good is this card? The interest rates seem awfully high as stated in the terms and conditions, with 3 interest rates listed as 17.24%, 19.24%, and 21.24%.....along with a default rate of 27.24%(ouch). The card has no annual fee, but those interest rates seem a bit excessive considering my credit history is so good and the fact that this is an upper tier card, right?

Blue Cash is a pretty decent rewards card.

You must put a whole lot through it to get some decent cash back.

The apr is high, but if you pay in full then it shouldn't be a problem. I was approved with 19.24, 0% intro for 6 months recently. It won't bother me because i'll be PIF anyway.

I really suggest having this card if you're planning to make it your primary card. Otherwise, the rewards would be like any other cash back cards.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 2 of 8
MrShush
Valued Contributor

My significant other got an offer the other day for the Blue Sky card--similar to yours in that it supplied an RSVP and other literature. Seems to be an offer to apply because the first thing I did was check AMEX's website to check for preapprovals for her. I just made her an AU on my Green Card a week or so earlier. Targeted, perhaps.

Message 3 of 8
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

FWIW I checked my Amex Blue Cash interest rate and it's 13.24%. I've had the card for just over 10 years though, but it makes me wonder whether Amex will accept requests for interest rate reductions for newer accounts.

Message 4 of 8
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Funny you should mention that. I got to keep my 14.24 interest rate when I PC from AMEX SPG to AMEX BSP...I was like BOOOOOYAH!!

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 5 of 8
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

FWIW I checked my Amex Blue Cash interest rate and it's 13.24%. I've had the card for just over 10 years though, but it makes me wonder whether Amex will accept requests for interest rate reductions for newer accounts.

You can always try to negotiate.

Good Luck Smiley Tongue

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 6 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

DW got RSVP offer yesterday.   It had 0% on purchases for 12 months.   And they give you $100 if you spend $500 in first 60 days.   5% cash back on gas, groceries. 

Denied as expected.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lucid08 wrote:

Hi All!

Higher APR ...  it's because of its rewards program, how & how much you can earn the rewrds. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.