Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash Preferred Reporting

tag
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

Amex Blue Cash Preferred Reporting

I applied and was approved for a new Amex Blue Cash Preferred account on July 8.  The new account still hasn't been reported to the 3 CRA's.  How long does it typically take for a new account and additonal line of credit to start being reported? 1-2 cycles?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Xistaben2
New Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Cash Preferred Reporting

I have heard elsewhere up to 3 cycles, but YMMV.  I just recently got the EDP last month and I plan on keeping a balance reporting on my Quicksilver to show my usage until the AMEX reports.  If they both end up hitting, not a big deal.

Message 2 of 10
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Yep, my BCE took awhile to report, almost 3 months if I remember correctly.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx is known to report new accounts very slow. My Delta card didn't appear until after my 2nd statement. However, once they are on there, you'll see on-time reporting each month.

Message 4 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As others stated Amex takes their time reporting.. Usually around 2-3 (more so 3 statements to report.)

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was a week after my second statement cut.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tim_S wrote:

I applied and was approved for a new Amex Blue Cash Preferred account on July 8.  The new account still hasn't been reported to the 3 CRA's.  How long does it typically take for a new account and additonal line of credit to start being reported? 1-2 cycles?

I was approved about 2.5 weeks before you and mine has yet to report yet.  I'm a week and a half away from my second statement date (and 3X CLI opportunity) so perhaps mine will report a week or so after that.  If not, likely another month (cycle).

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BCP was approved on Jun 5th. My second  statement cut on Aug. 3rd and the BCP started reporting on my EX only on Aug. 6th, as of Aug. 6th it was not reporting on TU or EQ. So mine reported right after my second statement cut. My BCE took a little longer to report; right around 3 months, if I remember correctly.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps it was reported to EQ and TU as well on August 6th, just that those bureaus didn't update the reported information yet.

Message 9 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

The amount of time for any creditor to first report can vary and it can take several months.  Don't overlook existing threads as a resource.  This is a common topic.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=amex%20first%20report%2...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.