cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash, finally MINES!! Thanks Myfico forums :)

tag
lhova2000
New Contributor

Amex Blue Cash, finally MINES!! Thanks Myfico forums :)

From a guy having a 550 credit score and a sole Crap1 card stuck on $500 for 4 years, 18 months later it feels great to have a mid 700 credit score across the board and finally get approved for the Amex blue cash! I actually applied for it about 8 months ago when i cleared all the negs on my report and I had a 775 credit score. Amex gave me a quick decline, which i ddin't understand based on my score, but I think it had more to do with the fact that my only credit card was the Crap1 and my limit wouldn't increase beyond $500.  I pleaded with Crap1 for a limit increase and they told me nope, so I decided I had to risk lowering my score to establish some real credit. I applied for Chase Freedom and i literally had to call a back door number, plead with the guy and he finally approved me for the card with a $500 limit Smiley Sad At the time i figured maybe the card will grow with me so I used it paid it off repeat but nothing was happening. I went on bofa credit card finder and it said I would prequalify for their cash rewards card with a $3000 limit so I applied. It didn't instantly approve or deny me so I called over the phone and they said they didn't see my app but I could apply over the phone so I did and the rep approved me for $2500! I'm thinking sweet this will be my biggest limit yet but to my surprise I got 2 cards in the mail, the one I applied for online for $3000 and the one the rep gave me for $2500. i was going to cancel the $2500 card because I didn't want 2 of the same card but the rep told me I could transfer most of the line to the other card giving me 1 card with a $5000 limit! I jumped on it and now i went from a $500 Crap1 balance to a $5000 bofa balance in 3 months. i liked the bofa card and the rewards were pretty decent but I still wanted that prime card. i started getting a lot of offers in the mail from Discover More but I was scared to apply because I had Discover when I was in college 10 years prior and the card got charged off for $1000. I figured why not give it a shot whats the worst that could happen so I applied and they instantly approved me for $7500! I'm thinking sweet so i called bofa and requested a CLI, soft pull, and they matched the $7500! Now I planned on stopping there and focusing on the Discover because I hear it's a really good card but then I started getting offers from Amex. First for the Zync, which looks like a really cool card but I don't like the AF and I'm more interested in cash back, then i got an offer for Amex blue, but I still really wanted the blue cash. I used their spending tool and based on me spending conservatively on gas, groceries, etc I would get over $600 a year in cash rewards. i talked it over with DW and decided lets give it one last try and I got instantly approved!!! It didn't tell me my limit yet and I'm hoping its at least up to par with my Discover but i plan on using that primarily so i could rack up the cash!! i wouldn't have any of this success if it was not for these forums and gaining a lot of valuable information so for that I'd like to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

EQ 782
TU 782
EX 785
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Cash, finally MINES!! Thanks Myfico forums :)

Congrats! You got some great prime cards there with very nice CL's.

Time to let them grow...

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 8
jnydc
Contributor

Wow!! That's great, Congratulations.  A mix of luck and good work.  I hope to be like you one day.  When you say you wait for them to fall off do you mean the 7 years or just the 2 years that show on MYFICO?

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 4 of 8
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

Nice! Congrats on all your success. I had recenlty taken advantage of my mid 700's scores, and applied for two prime cards; CITI Diamond preferred $8.7k and the BLue Cash with $8.3k, both instant approvals. Citi gave me the CL on-screen, but I had to call Amex new accounts line to get the CL.

Go to www.americanexpress.com/applicationstatus enter your info and it will give you a number to call.

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you both. What were your previous highest CL? Before Citi and Blue?
Message 6 of 8
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats to you both. What were your previous highest CL? Before Citi and Blue?

My two highest where a DELL preferred ($4.5k), SEARS MC and 1st Ntn'l Bank of Omaha VISA with $3.5k each. I also have a Lowe's Project card ($3k), a Chase Slate ($1.8k) and Macys ($1.2k)

(OP, sorry for the thread-jack...)

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Message 7 of 8
lhova2000
New Contributor

You didn't jack my thread you did what's great about this forum, ,you shared information!! I honestly believe this place is a financial life saver and i appreciate all the great input everyone has..

EQ 782
TU 782
EX 785
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.