Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Amex Blue Cash

I live in Missouri. Any idea what report they pull? Do you think I would have a shot with my scores? Really looking for a card to make a balance transfer to.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Blue Cash

Amex generally pulls Ex but will pull all 3 if borderline. The Chase Slate is a much better card for BTs. I wouldn't recommend doing a BT with Amex.

What is your util?
Message 2 of 18
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

It's currently 26%. The scores below were reported when it was 45%, so when they update next week I should get a little bump.
EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 18
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Like Lexie said the slate is good.  Also you can look at the citi diamond preferred 0% for 18 months on BT and purchases.

Message 4 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

26% isn't ideal but it depends on the rest of your file. Like I said and I agree with ezdoesit -Slate has no bt fees and DP is an alternative but they chg a bt fee
Message 5 of 18
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I got denied last week for the DP. They are reconsidering, but I'm not holding my breath. That whole denial griped me as my wife was approved for it with a 600 FICO!
EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 6 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 18
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

When I applied I had the scores in the signature and the 44% utilization. They pulled my Equifax.
EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 8 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I wouldn't app for Amex. If your reports are updated try Chase. Do you have any baddies?
Message 9 of 18
user5387
Valued Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

I live in Missouri. Any idea what report they pull? Do you think I would have a shot with my scores? Really looking for a card to make a balance transfer to.

A few years ago, when Amex was still pushing BT offers, I applied for an Amex card and was approved with a generous CL.  When I tried to actually do the BT, it was declined.

I'd recommend talking to your local CU about this.  The Credit Card Connection site lists a bunch of highly-rated Missouri CUs.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.