Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Cash

I have a medical collection that was paid in Feb. '11. Perfect record since the. A few other late payments back in 2009.

Chase denied me for the Freedom in the Spring and said it was because of my high utilization. Was 50% at the time.
EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 11 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Well, try again with lower util. If you can get it under 20% your chances of approval are better.
Message 12 of 18
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I think I will.

Until I started watching these boards and understanding credit I had no idea that most people keep such low utilization on their cards. Before that I believed having maxed out cards was common.
EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 13 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Definitely not maxed out- assuming they aren't being pif each month that's too much interest being paid.

Keep in mind everyone is different and profiles with thicker files and no baddies could probably get approved with high util.

It's always best to app when your crs are in the best shape.
Message 14 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

In Amex's T&C, it says they won't do a BT> 50% of the credit line you get.
Even if you don't believe that Amex likes pif, they are whacky with how they charge interest, they charge it as often as they can- so don't carry a balance on Amex.
Both of mine are at 0% util currently.
Now Discover, Discover likes balance carrying... Hell they'll cli ya when you have high util.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 18
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I think I am going to give Chase a shot in a couple weeks after I get my utilization reporting down under 20%.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 16 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Chase is good with recons too!
I got a $5k Freedom with a 637 fico. If you need to recon, it helps to make a list and memorize your credit report like the back of your hand(whatever that silly phrase means! Lol)
Chase's backdoor number literally gets your directly to the analyst LOL... Within 30 seconds.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 18
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Last time they pulled my Ex. numbers so this time with a utilization around 15% I have hi hopes.
EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.