Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Sky Targetted Offer

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Amex Blue Sky Targetted Offer

My DH received an offer in the mail this week from Amex for the Blue Sky card.  30,000 bonus points (equates to $400 statement credit) for spending $500 within the first 3 months; 0% APR on purchases for 15-months, then 17.24% after that.  I twisted his arm (he is no fun!) and got him to app tonight for this card/offer.  He was instantly approved.  This is his very first Amex card in his name.  He is an ACM on two of my Amex cards, so I hope he does get backdated.  I guess we will wait and see.

After I danced around the room, I had him call Amex to find out his starting CL - $14,300.  Then I made him try to talk to a CS rep to see if the card can be shipped overnight.  We have travel plans later next month and need to book car rental and a couple of nights at a hotel in Boston.  We already met the $3k spend on my newly acquired CSP by booking the airfare and other hotel accomodations for this trip.  Anyway, the CS rep said no to his request to expedite the card.  Does anyone know of any other number to call tonight or tomorrow?  We called the application status number and then requested to speak to a CS rep.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Sky Targetted Offer

@CribDuchess wrote:

My DH received an offer in the mail this week from Amex for the Blue Sky card.  30,000 bonus points (equates to $400 statement credit) for spending $500 within the first 3 months; 0% APR on purchases for 15-months, then 17.24% after that.  I twisted his arm (he is no fun!) and got him to app tonight for this card/offer.  He was instantly approved.  This is his very first Amex card in his name.  He is an ACM on two of my Amex cards, so I hope he does get backdated.  I guess we will wait and see.

After I danced around the room, I had him call Amex to find out his starting CL - $14,300.  Then I made him try to talk to a CS rep to see if the card can be shipped overnight.  We have travel plans later next month and need to book car rental and a couple of nights at a hotel in Boston.  We already met the $3k spend on my newly acquired CSP by booking the airfare and other hotel accomodations for this trip.  Anyway, the CS rep said no to his request to expedite the card.  Does anyone know of any other number to call tonight or tomorrow?  We called the application status number and then requested to speak to a CS rep.

Congrats to DH

Nice starting limit

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

Although I don't have the answer to your questions, I just want to say congrats to your hubby! I have the same offer and i'm sitting on my hands, waiting for my CRs to optimize XD

This is making me itchy though...how was your DH CRs at approval? Accounts, AAoA, inquiries? What bureau did the pull? Also, what bureau did they soft for the offer?

I've heard AMEX doesn't like to expedite the revolvers too much; only ones they like to are the PRG and Platinum.

Anyways, congrats again and enjoy the free points!

Message 3 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats to DH! My DH was approved for his first Amex (Delta) and he asked to have his expedited. They said no problem. It's the weekend so in not sure if calling tomorrow would help. And if this card doesn't get shipped with his backdated info just call and ask for a replacement.
Message 4 of 10
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

Although I don't have the answer to your questions, I just want to say congrats to your hubby! I have the same offer and i'm sitting on my hands, waiting for my CRs to optimize XD

This is making me itchy though...how was your DH CRs at approval? Accounts, AAoA, inquiries? What bureau did the pull? Also, what bureau did they soft for the offer?

I've heard AMEX doesn't like to expedite the revolvers too much; only ones they like to are the PRG and Platinum.

Thank you!!  I'm excited for him.  He always gets targetted offers while I rarely, if ever, receive anything.  Life is not fair!  lol

Amex pulled EX tonight for his app.  I just pulled his EX score here on myFICO tonight and it's 749 after the Amex INQ.  His AAoA is 8 years and he had 2 INQs on EX prior to Amex's pull tonight.  He has opened 3 new accounts in the past 7 months.  His CRs are fairly clean for the past 5 years.  He just has three 30-day lates from 2007-2008.  His reported Util is 11% currently.

I'm not sure which bureau Amex has softed.  We do not subscribe to any monitoring service that displays soft pulls.  But I would guess they were softing EX?  He is an ACM on two of my existing Amex cards.

Thanks for the feedback on having revolvers expedited.  I guess we will have to be patient! Smiley Surprised

Good luck if/when you app!!!  If you have upcoming travel plans, this seems like a decent offer that will only cost an INQ.  This card might end up in the SD after we use it for its intendend purposes.  Although, I am looking forward to the potential 3x CLI!!!  Listen to me....it's not even my card!  lol

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 5 of 10
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats to DH! My DH was approved for his first Amex (Delta) and he asked to have his expedited. They said no problem. It's the weekend so in not sure if calling tomorrow would help. And if this card doesn't get shipped with his backdated info just call and ask for a replacement.

Thank you Lexie! Smiley Happy  Big congrats to your DH as well (I saw your thread!).  I wonder if it's just because we called so late tonight?  It was after 8pm PST (11pm EST).  I'm guessing we might have had better luck if we had called before 8pm MST.  I'm going to search the threads and see if anyone has posted a number to call on the weekend to expedite.

Message 6 of 10
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats to DH

Nice starting limit

Thanks myjourney!!

Message 7 of 10
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

Thank you!!  I'm excited for him.  He always gets targetted offers while I rarely, if ever, receive anything.  Life is not fair!  lol

Amex pulled EX tonight for his app.  I just pulled his EX score here on myFICO tonight and it's 749 after the Amex INQ.  His AAoA is 8 years and he had 2 INQs on EX prior to Amex's pull tonight.  He has opened 3 new accounts in the past 7 months.  His CRs are fairly clean for the past 5 years.  He just has three 30-day lates from 2007-2008.  His reported Util is 11% currently.

I'm not sure which bureau Amex has softed.  We do not subscribe to any monitoring service that displays soft pulls.  But I would guess they were softing EX?  He is an ACM on two of my existing Amex cards.

Thanks for the feedback on having revolvers expedited.  I guess we will have to be patient! Smiley Surprised

Good luck if/when you app!!!  If you have upcoming travel plans, this seems like a decent offer that will only cost an INQ.  This card might end up in the SD after we use it for its intendend purposes.  Although, I am looking forward to the potential 3x CLI!!!  Listen to me....it's not even my card!  lol

LOL thanks for the info! I never had lates, but my AAoA is 2 years, so I think I'm gonna wait just for optimization...AMEX has softed EQ and TU for my offers, but never my EX!! It's driving me nuts XD I have absolutely no clue if AMEX typically does this and will pull EX regardless, or if they're gonna play Russian Roulette..

FYI, in case you ever want to check your or your hubby's softs, you can:

-Get all three of your credit reports at annualcreditreport.com Save the numbers, you're need them for EX and EQ!

-Experian lets you re-view your updated report as much as you want within a 90 day period; each time you view it, that 90 days gets reset, effectively allowing you to view your report every day if you wanted to!

-Equifax will require you to enter the "file a dispute" system in order for you to view your updated credit report. Don't worry, just don't click on anything that involves dispute!

-Transunion is tricky...they don't let you re-view your report, nor let you enter the "file a dispute" without having an account with them. That's okay though, they offer a 7-day free trial of their score product and unlimited pulls of your credit reports. Cancel the membership before the free trials ends, and every so often you can use your previous log-in information in the "file a dispute" to re-view your updated credit report.

I have my last cruise payment coming up by the end of October for around $400, so this offer will be PERFECT! I think I'll only use part of the credits though..DBF can pay for his own fare right now XD

I know I will have some "incidentals" from the cruise...(aka booze, merchandise, etc. that's typically charged to the room), so the rest of the points will cover that. Anything left over I can use for incidentals on my trip to Atlanta in Feb. for a conference!

Message 8 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Probably was the time difference. Hopefully you'll get it expedited.
Message 9 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They expedited my BCE but I think it's bc I was speaking with an American analyst who was verifying my info. I knew to ask right then!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.