cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue card (BCE) 3x CLI after 60 days??

tag
gkinter
New Contributor

Amex Blue card (BCE) 3x CLI after 60 days??

Hey everyone,

I would like to ask for some help/opinions. I received my AMEX Blue Card 62 days ago and I love it since. The starting credit limit was 10k but I read it everywhere that people are asking a 3x credit limit increase after 60 days. My current balance in the card is roughly 500 dollars. I would love a higher credit limit ( not sure about 30k but 20k would be nice).
If I request that is it going to be a hard pull?
Does everyone request it after 60 days or is it automatic?
I used my card a lot but I always payed it back...
When I request the CLI should I have my balance at 0? Or 500 won't matter.
How much to ask for ? 30k?

Thank you for all the answers and helps!
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Blue card (BCE) 3x CLI after 60 days??

Ask for $30k.

I took my account from my $10k SL to $30k, instant approval, on Day 64.

You have to ask for it; they won't give you an auto-3X CLI.

The CLI request will be a SP.  Don't worry about a HP.

If you can pay off the $500 balance first, do it.  It can only help.  I don't think it's a deal breaker or anything if you leave the balance, but it won't help and could possibly slightly hurt the CLI result.  This is arguable, so I just say take that variable out of the equation and bring your balance to zero first so that you can be sure you didn't miss out on your CLI potential.

Out of curiosity, what was your score at the time of approval?  My EX was 736.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for the full 3x it's only a SP so it won't affect anything. I last requested an increase with alittle over $400 on the card and I got all I asked for, plus I was able to transfer a credit line from one card to my BCE. I personally don't think it matters if it's showing a balance. Let us know how it goes!

Message 3 of 9
gkinter
New Contributor

Instant approval for 25kSmiley Happy
Thanks for your help
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Did you ask for 30 and get countered with 25? Wasn't sure if they countered or not when going for 3X.

Message 5 of 9
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ask for $30k.

I took my account from my $10k SL to $30k, instant approval, on Day 64.

You have to ask for it; they won't give you an auto-3X CLI.

The CLI request will be a SP.  Don't worry about a HP.

If you can pay off the $500 balance first, do it.  It can only help.  I don't think it's a deal breaker or anything if you leave the balance, but it won't help and could possibly slightly hurt the CLI result.  This is arguable, so I just say take that variable out of the equation and bring your balance to zero first so that you can be sure you didn't miss out on your CLI potential.

Out of curiosity, what was your score at the time of approval?  My EX was 736.

Question BBS will resquesting $30k plus tigger the 4506 T income verification?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 6 of 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

AMEX will counter on a 3X if they're not comfortable with extending the full amount.  There have been plenty of posts saying as much.  I'm sure gkinter only went for 25K based on the old info in the 3X guide.  The artificial limit on new accounts is now somewhere in the area of $34.5K before a 4506 which shouldn't really make someone shy away from requesting that or higher since they put down their true and correct income when opening the account.  Even on a 4506 CLI they'll counter if they don't want to go further than a certain amount as one user recently requested 50K and countered to 47.5K or somewhere around there.  If you take smaller steps and let some time build with them there are some reporting that they're able to hit 50K+ w/o having to provide a 4506.  

Message 7 of 9
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

AMEX will counter on a 3X if they're not comfortable with extending the full amount.  There have been plenty of posts saying as much.  I'm sure gkinter only went for 25K based on the old info in the 3X guide.  The artificial limit on new accounts is now somewhere in the area of $34.5K before a 4506 which shouldn't really make someone shy away from requesting that or higher since they put down their true and correct income when opening the account.  Even on a 4506 CLI they'll counter if they don't want to go further than a certain amount as one user recently requested 50K and countered to 47.5K or somewhere around there.  If you take smaller steps and let some time build with them there are some reporting that they're able to hit 50K+ w/o having to provide a 4506.  

Thanks Austinguy Good info And yes, I was just reading through the 3XCLI thread and thought I would ask. 😀

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What were your stats and scores when asking for the cli?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.