Amex Blue sky denied

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Blue sky denied

@-Wade- wrote:

@yyyyy wrote:
Good evening!
Recently applied for Amex Blue Sky online instantly denied.
Today i got decision letter it looks like they are mad because i was carrying balance on my BCE (0%promotional).
@Tweeted @askamex to reconsider my app.
Anybody had luck with recon with tweeter ? I have never did this,so i can't help you on that

Amex does not like one to carry a balance. Sorry for your denied.

I'm just not at all sure why this seems to be largely believed on this forum. 

BCE is a CREDIT card, not a charge card.  AmEx even allows (encourages?) carrying a balance on some of their charge cards. Why not on a credit card? Why would they offer a 0% apr if not to entice you to take advantage?? Heck, why even offer a credit card to begin with? I've never read in the TOS that a balance was not allowed. Why would they be adverse to making money from the interest you would pay?  

Yes, their initial offering was a charge card to be PIF every 30 days, but they've grown and expanded to products which are designed to allow you to carry a balance if that suits your needs. What's the difference between a balance on a Visa and a balance on an AmEx? I've carried a balance on both at different times with no AA from either. I don't think AmEx is skittish about balances at all...but that's just me. Smiley Indifferent

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 11 of 13
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@yyyyy wrote:
Good evening!
Today i got decision letter it looks like they are mad because i was carrying balance on my BCE (0%promotional).
Anybody had luck with recon with tweeter ? I have never did this,so i can't help you on that

Amex does not like one to carry a balance. Sorry for your denied.

I'm just not at all sure why this seems to be largely believed on this forum. 

BCE is a CREDIT card, not a charge card.  AmEx even allows (encourages?) carrying a balance on some of their charge cards. Why not on a credit card? Why would they offer a 0% apr if not to entice you to take advantage?? Heck, why even offer a credit card to begin with? I've never read in the TOS that a balance was not allowed. Why would they be adverse to making money from the interest you would pay?  

Yes, their initial offering was a charge card to be PIF every 30 days, but they've grown and expanded to products which are designed to allow you to carry a balance if that suits your needs. What's the difference between a balance on a Visa and a balance on an AmEx? I've carried a balance on both at different times with no AA from either. I don't think AmEx is skittish about balances at all...but that's just me. Smiley Indifferent

Good evening!
Anybody had luck with recon with tweeter ?

That is why, the OP said he got denied because of that reason. I know where you are coming from tho

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 13
adavis425
Established Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:
Good evening!

Anybody had luck with recon with tweeter ?

That is why, the OP said he got denied because of that reason. I know where you are coming from tho

Simply for carrying a balance? Or was OP's ratio off? Balance to cl, balance to income, balance to high balance? Devil's in the details...

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.