Did you mean: 

Amex Blue

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Blue

@FrugalRican wrote:

Grey strip for me.

Oh well, I'll just order more as the card breaks down, since I can't just wave the card at the POS and yell "CREDIT".

Yes you can!!!!! Smiley LOL

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 51 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdogi wrote:

I was getting all ready to call the executive office.  Fortunately, I checked, and both of mine (BCP & Zync) have the holographic strips.  Thank goodness.  All is well.  I'll sleep much better tonight. Smiley Happy

I'll tell you what, if I had the Centurian or the Platinum and it had some ho-hum plebeian grey stripe on it, I would be seriously PO'd.

I don't always use my AMEX, but when I do, I prefer that the strip sparkles when catching the light.

Actually I heard that this is a trap staged by AMEX.  If you call about the strip, they immediately CLD you, or even worse FR you.

Because sometimes I get bored, maybe I will call all my card issuers that gave me plain strip cards and ask them if they can send me cards with holographic strips.  Those should be a fun conversations with the CSRs.

OK, all in good fun.  Couldn't resist.

Cent with a holo strip? Eww. Black on black all the way.

Message 52 of 63
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I cant even believe we are still taking about the strips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You guys are killing meSmiley LOL

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 53 of 63
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

I cant even believe we are still taking about the strips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You guys are killing meSmiley LOL

I'm gonna be upset if I get a real AMEX with a gray stripe and my PREPAID had the holograpic one!! Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 54 of 63
annielorie
Valued Contributor

LS Correction on tombstone Born Died had massive coronary over color of CC stripe but  an Amex member, even if it killed himSmiley SadSmiley LOL

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 55 of 63
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

I bought those Biore nose strips to pull blackheads out of my nose...opps..that is too much information.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 56 of 63
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bakalao2k wrote:

@annielorie wrote:

I bought those Biore nose strips to pull blackheads out of my nose...opps..that is too much information.

LMAO

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 57 of 63
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Severe off topic alert!

Now where were we concerning this thread?

Message 58 of 63
JaneS1123445
Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:
I asked an Amex car about this; Amex has decided to discontinue the holographic strips on cards issued because they have had too many complaints about the holographic strips wearing out too often.

If that's the case, I'll stick with my grey stripe. I want maximum and lasting swiping power! Smiley Very HappyWaiting for replacements sucks, and god knows I'll be swiping the heck outta that sucka Smiley Tongue

Message 59 of 63
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jdogi wrote:

I was getting all ready to call the executive office.  Fortunately, I checked, and both of mine (BCP & Zync) have the holographic strips.  Thank goodness.  All is well.  I'll sleep much better tonight. Smiley Happy

I'll tell you what, if I had the Centurian or the Platinum and it had some ho-hum plebeian grey stripe on it, I would be seriously PO'd.

I don't always use my AMEX, but when I do, I prefer that the strip sparkles when catching the light.

Actually I heard that this is a trap staged by AMEX.  If you call about the strip, they immediately CLD you, or even worse FR you.

Because sometimes I get bored, maybe I will call all my card issuers that gave me plain strip cards and ask them if they can send me cards with holographic strips.  Those should be a fun conversations with the CSRs.

OK, all in good fun.  Couldn't resist.

Cent with a holo strip? Eww. Black on black all the way.

cent titanium ALWAYS is a black strip. and jdogi, i don't know who told you that you may experience AA with asking for a holographic strip, but that is just downright not true.

i also am dissapointed that all of my recent amex cards are getting the boring grey strip. i take pride in the holographic strip. not that it really matters anyway. its just that it makes the card feel more prestigious. but most people would care less about this, and understandably so.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.