Did you mean: 

Amex Bluebird application got rejected

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Bluebird application got rejected

@hayabusa wrote:

@sybo40 wrote:

Hi...what IS the new legislation surrounding this post?  Is this related to checking accounts?

all prepaid credit cards are now useable as debit (not 100% effective with all cards yet) include pin numbers etc to use.

This explains something weird I had seen the other day.

Before checking out from my local supermarket while waiting in line, I saw the cashier and manager refuse to accept a person's credit/debit card to load a prepaid and insisted they would only do so with cash (actually paper currency).

Message 11 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/04/06/gift-card-pin-number/

there's also a lot of talk on the other forums about Amex shutting down bluebird accounts (and potentially other amex accounts if any).......so it's definitely not worth the risk trying to abuse VR.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 15
Yj002
Established Member

Recent update: I have received my Bluebird card -- go figure. I presume the email I received was mistakenly sent to me? Oh well....

Message 13 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 15
culture
Regular Contributor

is interesting why VT is the only state excluded of BlueBird ... how strange is that... when things like this happen is usually a cluster of states that get removed 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.