Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Bonus Signup Bonus timeframe

tag
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

Amex Bonus Signup Bonus timeframe

I've completed the requirement (1k Spend) and I'm wondering how long does it take Amex to give me my sign up bonus? They seem to be quite slow with adding points to balances.

Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Bonus Signup Bonus timeframe

I believe it's the first 3 months. Don't think I will hit it myself.

EDIT: Sorry I misread your question. Hopefully it shows on the next bill close for you.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cali_Credit wrote:

I've completed the requirement (1k Spend) and I'm wondering how long does it take Amex to give me my sign up bonus? They seem to be quite slow with adding points to balances.

After statement closes.. They are pretty quick in giving the sign up bonuses..

Message 3 of 8
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

I got my points on two cards within a day or two of crossing the threshold. They should be posted by Monday or Tuesday assuming you met it late last week.
USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 4 of 8
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cali_Credit wrote:

+1

If I remember correctly it showed up at first statement closure for my DW's BCE. Of course, she already had more than $1000 spend on that card by the time. 

Recently she referred a friend for BCE and she got the $50 bonus showing in her reward dollars the next day after her friend's approval.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uswala wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cali_Credit wrote:

+1

If I remember correctly it showed up at first statement closure for my DW's BCE. Of course, she already had more than $1000 spend on that card by the time. 

Recently she referred a friend for BCE and she got the $50 bonus showing in her reward dollars the next day after her friend's approval.

you guys are making me sad, mine has been slow as heck. met spend within like a week (had a few purchases in mind before i even applied) and my 2nd statement just cut on friday, still at 0 points. hoping to see them in next couple days.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just probably did the same one you did.  PRG 1k spend for 50k points.  It litterally posted like a week after I made the qualifying purchase.  My everyday bonus with them took a bit longer though.

Message 7 of 8
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

+1 to whats been said here thus far..  Acheived the spend requirement before the first statement cut and saw my bonus credited a few days later.

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.