Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business Platinum

tag
williewonka
Valued Member

Amex Business Platinum

I was paying my personal amex online a few minutes ago and noticed that in the message box they say I am am pre-approved for the Business Platinum card. $400 for the first card etc...I've only been a amex cardholder for about 9 months. I do have pretty ggod scores, but was under the impression that you had to be a member for longer than that and had to have extraordinary history, and scores. Anybody have any insight? When I clicked on the link it did not ask for much info at all, no social etc...though they already have that and more.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Business Platinum

once you have good history with amex, they pretty much love to give you more cards, especially charge cards... but unless you do tons of travel I would just get the gold card, much less AF and same benifits minus travel stuff.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Business Platinum

williewonka wrote:
I was paying my personal amex online a few minutes ago and noticed that in the message box they say I am am pre-approved for the Business Platinum card. $400 for the first card etc...I've only been a amex cardholder for about 9 months. I do have pretty ggod scores, but was under the impression that you had to be a member for longer than that and had to have extraordinary history, and scores. Anybody have any insight? When I clicked on the link it did not ask for much info at all, no social etc...though they already have that and more.

Amex Platinum cards are not nearly as hard to get as they once were.  I can't speak for the business versions, but you can get a personal Platinum charge card with scores in the high 600s.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.