Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex: CL Xfer Request Denied

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Amex: CL Xfer Request Denied

Wanted to transfer 5k from my HHSurpass to BCE b/c I just opened the HHSurpass for the bonus.  Amex denied the request because the account was too new; it was opened the middle of October.

Chase, OTOH, didn't bat an eye when transferring 10k of credit to my Sapphire card, which has been opened about 5 weeks.

Oh Amex, how you love to punish us - yet we keep coming back for more Smiley Wink

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
learnin113
Established Contributor

Re: Amex: CL Xfer Request Denied

LOL. Amex is sooo wrong!
Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah, AMEX has their own set of rules, for sure.

I think they make you wait until the account is one year old before allowing PCs or limit Xfers.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I tried allocating $500 from AMEX SPG to AMEX JB in July a month after I got my JB card. I got a letter from AMEX stating that it can't be done for 13 months. *shrugs*

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.