Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLD. Ha.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLD. Ha.

Sorry to hear that.  I just received my second notice today ( I also got an email), but I noticed it a couple of days after Christmas.  Like you, some were true regarding baddies, but there were more when I got the card.

Balances too high with AMex (what?) and other creditors.  I wonder if they were talking about my student loans, which are deferred....

They don't like Cap One as my auto lender.

I was told my excellent payment history was the reason I didn't lose as much as some people.  I PIF eventhough it's a revolver.

They said they would review in 90 days.  My baddies may be gone, but I'm not searching for another auto lender.

Inquiries may go down, but I really (IMO) didn't have that many to begin with.

I certainly won't be a risk now, so I'll only have my monthly WW charge, which I will PIF as soon as it posts.

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow sorry to here about all the cld's. guess i'm among good company now.
Message 12 of 32
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ducky, you were the forums pioneer!

Hasn't it been about six months now? Any news?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 32
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Did they ever give you your CL back?
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

nope, and don't think i haven't asked.
Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back lurking. Hope all of you had  a merry Christmas. Want to hear something weird? Back when they CLD my 20K bragging rights card that I had the one late payment of 3 days on, and the one they said they didn't like countrywide being my lender on, well, the next day I couldn't stand it and asked to close my Blue for Students. 

Anway, the craziest thing is that they never really closed it, they read me all these things on the phone while closing it- but I get a statement and new balance report every month of 0. I figure what the heck- I'll let it sit there.  

Message 16 of 32
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Jubeyy you forgot one.  Bye Jubeyy you wont take Amex.....only Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Happy newyear.

Fellow forumer My2centsSmiley Wink

700 Club Member
Message 17 of 32
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

hey ducky and netpanther, good to see you guys! And fretless, don't feel bad, they got most of us with cld's. I closed mine last month and never looked back...
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

nothing like amex cld's to gel the community. seriously though, with the exception of credit secure all the action my blue sees is authorization holds only.
Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@My2cents wrote:

Jubeyy you forgot one.  Bye Jubeyy you wont take Amex.....only Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Happy newyear.

Fellow forumer My2centsSmiley Wink

I would take Discover...but they see me as unworthy.....
I wanted a Discover after I saw that commercial with the really cute guy walking through the park talking to "bright".  That guy could make me apply for another Amex!  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.