Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLD. Ha.

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex CLD. Ha.

And I was actually beginning to feel left out....but,

rec'd a voicemail message (how nice of them) this am from amex to call regarding my clear account. Was told my CL had been cut from 10k to 2.5k because my EX had a negative public record. I said to CSR, no, not at all, just pulled EX yesterday and not sure what you are seeing on your end, but there is absolutely nothing negative on any of my reports. She said, hold on please and transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor said they received a summary from EX that noted a negative action as well as balances on too many accounts. I explained there is nothing negative on my reports and stated yes, I do have two large balances on two cards, I just did a balance transfer from one account to another (2.99% LOL) and the first account (now zero) has not updated on my reports yet. I asked, are you telling me this is why you decreased my balance? She said more than likely. AMEX's Review dept has placed a filter in the system that while softing credit reports will flag certain criteria. But I see you have been a with us since 1987 (edit: re-aged, clear actually opened 5/2008) so she told me to fax my EX report pulled yesterday to the review dept. It takes 7-14 days for them to review and either possibly reinstate the line or not. I told her I would send the documents, if the full CL was not reinstated I would then close the account. I went on to say, I have no need for this treatment or your accounts if this is the way you treat a PIF before statement close customer. I asked has my blue CL also been decreased? She said, no, it has not been touched. I asked, dont you find that strange? If I have a public record on my report or mishandled balances, why would they not decrease both accounts? She said, because you have an excellent history with us. She went on to say, I do not agree with what they are doing, if I were you I would be disappointed in AMEX as well. I replied, thank you for your honesty; I will fax the documents tomorrow.

So I have now officially joined the "AMEX CLD club" and I am proud to say "Member Since 2009".

Message Edited by ocheosa on 01-13-2009 08:14 PM
[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 21 of 32
oracles
Valued Contributor

wow sorry about that och,

I hope they reinstate your CL. Unfortunately, i really believe they are going to be in so much hot water after this mess clears up. People are going to remember what they have done and will no longer do  business with them. Maybe they already know this and will change in the future the model of who their customers will be. Whoever they are, it will be far less than how many they have now.

Message Edited by oracles on 01-13-2009 11:06 PM
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I for one will never ever use AMEX after this, "screw our loyal customers, reduce risk and make our balance sheet look pretty".  I really hope AMEX sees reprocutions for their actions in the future, unfortunately though, Americans seem to have such short memories.
Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

ocheosa wrote: 
She went on to say, I do not agree with what they are doing, if I were you I would be disappointed in AMEX as well. 

An AmEx rep that can't bring herself to spout that c**p they're supposed to tell customers on the receiving end of AA. I don't think I'd last five minutes in a job like that without being fired - and I don't even mean as part of the 7,000 layoffs they're making.
Ocheosa, I'm sorry about the CLD. You're in good company, and as you know, there's pretty much nothing you can do to avoid it if it's coming your way. I'm sure mine is on its way, sooner or later. Good (in a strange way) to hear an actual AmEx employee confirm that this is all the work of some ultra-sensitive (and badly-designed) filter churning through accounts on AR day each month. You know it's not even personal... it's just pretty much arbitrary. They can't even find enough bad or potentially bad customers that they can chop in order to satisfy whatever risk-mitigating orders they're under right now. So they have to hit out at perfectly good customers who they have absolutely nothing tangible against, other than the fact that "the computer says so".  Smiley Sad

Message Edited by fevmlo on 01-13-2009 11:47 PM
Message 24 of 32
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Thanks Oracles. I actually have more than enough credit now. I planned to close some of my accounts in 2010. Just wanted to strenghten history so opened maybe too many new accounts last year. There was a method to my madness, so I went from a low credit profile to good in a 12 month span. AMEX will definately be one of the first to go. Will keep the charger open for history, but the clear followed by the blue are getting cancelled. I don't have the patience for their bad behavior. Hopefully my temper will allow me to hold off cancelling until next year (when the clear reaches its 2nd birthday).

Message Edited by ocheosa on 01-13-2009 08:26 PM
[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
Message 25 of 32
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Fevmlo - thank you for the support! I am feeling better already. You all are wondeful! Well off to pay my final amex bill....and its the SD for them all....When my charger comes up for the annual fee (6/2009), we shall see who gets the last laugh. I have no problem saying "due to the anxiety your company has caused, I would appreciate your waiving this years fee; and if you not, please close the account".....Smiley Very Happy Truly, I could care less. That Suze Orman as well as the Great Advisers here on the forum have created a Credit Monster!!!  Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 32
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

fender wrote: 
unfortunately though, Americans seem to have such short memories.

Sadly, quite true ....

Message 27 of 32
oracles
Valued Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

fender wrote: 
unfortunately though, Americans seem to have such short memories.

Sadly, quite true ....

This is true but i hope not this time. Companies really need to be taught a lesson.
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been imagining the programmers of this CLD filter lately, especially since the Great AmEx Website Downtime of last week. Just picturing them fine-tuning it... "We've run the filter over and over again and still need to cut a load of available credit. So today we've set it to CLD anyone whose name has the letter S in it or whose birthday is in March. Anyone whose birthday is in March AND who has an S in their name is obviously a very bad risk indeed, so we're going to close their accounts outright!" 

It really doesn't seem to be much more sophisticated than that, based on the evidence I've seen around here. Smiley Indifferent 

Message 29 of 32
oracles
Valued Contributor

it does make you think like this. There are no rhyme or reasons for their decisions sometimes.
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.