Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLD on Gold Delta Skymiles to $1k

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Amex CLD on Gold Delta Skymiles to $1k

@B335is wrote:
Popamode I don't know exactly what FR looks like when you log in. I think it says spending for each account is suspended. $5k total exposure isn't much for Amex. They don't like something they see.

My exposure before was around $9k so the inquiries and accounts reporting most likely spooked them. They did the CLDs on the accounts that had balances and left the other ones with no balances alone.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 51 of 131
taxi818
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Sorry to hear that, CLD are never fun.

The thing with AMEX though, CLI request are simple enough, compared to other CCC, so, easy come, easy go.

I'll bet if you used the card regularly, and then came back for a CLI request in 6 months, it would be granted.

Doesn't really matter that much to me. I'm closing Delta Skymiles in July no matter what and moving the CL to my other Amex cards. No big deal. I've had spotless payment history on all my Amex cards. Never been late or maxed them out and several of them have 0 balances right now.

The guy on the phone told me I could either send in documents so they could get the CL back up seeing as how I've had the card for a long time now. He advised me not to close it for that reason. He cited other factors that were beyond Amex's control like FICO, inquiries (which I do admit I had more last month on EX than other months), that sort of stuff. 

Sorry to hear popa. But I'm sure much more than spotless payment history involved here. I'm gonna guess. It's all the new accounts. Did they say. They will send letter?  I was thinking of going for ed yesterday. Then thought. I want my limit to 25k. So I passed. Hope I all works out.  

Message 52 of 131
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Popamode I don't know exactly what FR looks like when you log in. I think it says spending for each account is suspended. $5k total exposure isn't much for Amex. They don't like something they see.

I think there are icons indicating charging is suspended.   When they cancelled my card, fairly hard to miss!  Red icons in various places indicating that this card is cancelled.   You would also be told to call.

Message 53 of 131
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Hey PM, I was going to ask, how many new accounts have you added in these last few months? I do not log on as often as I used to, but I remember not too long ago your available credit being at 70k. Now it's at 90k+.

Message 54 of 131
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Sorry to hear that, CLD are never fun.

The thing with AMEX though, CLI request are simple enough, compared to other CCC, so, easy come, easy go.

I'll bet if you used the card regularly, and then came back for a CLI request in 6 months, it would be granted.

Doesn't really matter that much to me. I'm closing Delta Skymiles in July no matter what and moving the CL to my other Amex cards. No big deal. I've had spotless payment history on all my Amex cards. Never been late or maxed them out and several of them have 0 balances right now.

The guy on the phone told me I could either send in documents so they could get the CL back up seeing as how I've had the card for a long time now. He advised me not to close it for that reason. He cited other factors that were beyond Amex's control like FICO, inquiries (which I do admit I had more last month on EX than other months), that sort of stuff. 

Sorry to hear popa. But I'm sure much more than spotless payment history involved here. I'm gonna guess. It's all the new accounts. Did they say. They will send letter?  I was thinking of going for ed yesterday. Then thought. I want my limit to 25k. So I passed. Hope I all works out.  

I'm pretty sure that's what triggered it too. I discussed what happened with someone over the phone.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 55 of 131
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

Hey PM, I was going to ask, how many new accounts have you added in these last few months? I do not log on as often as I used to, but I remember not too long ago your available credit being at 70k. Now it's at 90k+.

More than what I want to admit to. My impulsiveness especially got the best of me last month because I had the most inquires then. And WF somehow did a EX pull when I tried to request a CLI on my card after getting denied a SP.

I think it's sort of a blessing this happened though because I'm able to actually have some kind of real focus in working towards something better, like all those SP CLIs. I can't dwell on the past.

Message 56 of 131
taxi818
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Yeah sounds like a combination of things. Garden for 6 to 12 months and try to get as many cards as you can to $0. I never like to have more than 2,3 cards reporting a balance. These lenders get on my dang nerves. They are sooooo antsy!

I kinda don't really think Amex is that great, and kinda have been thinking that for a while now but this really takes the cake. At least they didn't shut down all my accounts, but I guess Chase and Discover will be getting all of my spend now. The bright side is that I think this will give Discover and Barclays a chance to fill in the void. I wouldn't be shocked if either of them stepped up in a few months. I'll be keeping an eye on both. 

Time to actually garden, even though I quite honestly I won't be enjoying it. :/

None of us enjoys it popa. But it's necessary without any doubt. I'm Ve had to bring all my discipline out mot yo app. I lost my silver spade last week. When I got a 5k installment loan. That convinced me to slow down. As my loan officer said. You utilization good. But still you got balance on 8 cards.  Now. I have balance on 4. Out of 18. 

Message 57 of 131
sarahlee7
New Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Yeah sounds like a combination of things. Garden for 6 to 12 months and try to get as many cards as you can to $0. I never like to have more than 2,3 cards reporting a balance. These lenders get on my dang nerves. They are sooooo antsy!

I kinda don't really think Amex is that great, and kinda have been thinking that for a while now but this really takes the cake. At least they didn't shut down all my accounts, but I guess Chase and Discover will be getting all of my spend now. The bright side is that I think this will give Discover and Barclays a chance to fill in the void. I wouldn't be shocked if either of them stepped up in a few months. I'll be keeping an eye on both. 

Time to actually garden, even though I quite honestly I won't be enjoying it. :/

None of us enjoys it popa. But it's necessary without any doubt. I'm Ve had to bring all my discipline out mot yo app. I lost my silver spade last week. When I got a 5k installment loan. That convinced me to slow down. As my loan officer said. You utilization good. But still you got balance on 8 cards.  Now. I have balance on 4. Out of 18. 

As few cards with balances as possible is crucial.  A bunch of accts reporting balances I think is a BIG ol' twitching hair trigger finger to the lenders. 

Message 58 of 131
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@sarahlee7 wrote:

As few cards with balances as possible is crucial.  A bunch of accts reporting balances I think is a BIG ol' twitching hair trigger finger to the lenders. 

Yep it is.

$1 isn't the same as $0 either.

I've had a card reporting a $10 balance and when I let it report a $0 balance I've gained 2-4 FICO points... and this has happened 4 or 5 times because I've tested it.

As of today all my reporting CC balances are 0% promotions... 5 cards total.  It isn't anything I'm worried about because I've done all the applications I'm doing for the year.  I went on a spree in December... bought a car in January, and just got a couple more cards in March.

I'm done... now time to pay down the promotional purchases.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 59 of 131
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Aarvard wrote:
Maybe it's a side effect of Citi accounts closure? Did they SP you lately?
I feel like when your new Citi card is reported, there will be, well I hope this won't happen, more AA coming...
You should lay low for at least 6 months, Popa. 100k is more than enough now 😈

Was wondering the same myself.

Signature needs updating
Message 60 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.