Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLD :(

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Amex CLD :(

Just use the card as you would normally, and pay it in full on the due date.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear this happened to you but in time you will recover and a good learning experience for others to see some examples of what causes this to happen.

For sharing your story to help others I say Bravo and keep moving forward

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear this...
In regards to the possible reasoning...
When you had the 70% util on the Amex card, were you ever only making minimum payments?
If you were only making minimum payments, how long was it for?
These kind of stories scary the HECK out of me.
I'd hate to get my $24.5k cl cut.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 23 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
Another thing to remember. It's a bad idea to drag high balances immediately following a spree. If you want to make use of the 0% promo to its fullest, then don't go on a spree.

Having lots of new accounts and inquiries reporting on top of high utilization usually means trouble.

+1

Retire those outstanding debts as soon as practical OP.   While you might think the CL is "ghetto", sorry but lenders have to manage their own risks as well.  Your risk goes up, their threshold for extending additional credit goes down thereby reducing your open line.

Message 24 of 25
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Wow, sorry to hear that. If this information helps in April I got a CLI on my AMEX BCP from 5k to 15k. The next month, (May) I got a Barclays Arrival card and was approved for 4.5k limit. Within a week it was pretty much maxed 4.4k/4.5k. Within the next couple weeks, months, I made big payments couple times a month (500-1000). I can imagine that AMEX was probably watching me at that point since they had just granted me a CLI to 15k. Now 5 months later my barclays arrival balance stands at 1.9k of (CLI today) to 10k. But within that time of having almost a maxed card then pay 1k or so and put another 1k back on, thankfully none of the creditors I have CLD any of my cards, *knock on wood*. But that was only for a couple months to take advantage of the 0% APR to buy new furniture, tv, bed, etc. but I should have that 1.9k balance paid by the end of this month.

The point here is as someone said, I guess having 1 high UTL doesn't worry them, having a couple accounts with high UTL, multiple new accounts and INQs is what will worry a lot of the creditors, especially AMEX and Barclays!

Well definitely as others have said, pay the balances down before others CLD or close your accounts.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.