Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI 7-10 Days Wait Message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI 7-10 Days Wait Message

I ttied to double my limit to 20k from 10k and got the 7-10 day message. Scores are between 717 & 740 on all three reports depending on the day pulled. Does Amex ever counter if they do not approve the full amount?

The was on the costco true earnings Amex. Could it be because they are about to get rid of the card? I get the preapproved popup for a replacement card so they have to be willing to give me some limit on a second card at least.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI 7-10 Days Wait Message

@Anonymous wrote:
I ttied to double my limit to 20k from 10k and got the 7-10 day message. Scores are between 717 & 740 on all three reports depending on the day pulled. Does Amex ever counter if they do not approve the full amount?

The was on the costco true earnings Amex. Could it be because they are about to get rid of the card? I get the preapproved popup for a replacement card so they have to be willing to give me some limit on a second card at least.

Sadly the 7-10 day message is typically a denial.  Whether you can be approved for a second card really has no bearing on the CLI application.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI 7-10 Days Wait Message

That's a bummer. Do they normally counter like chase or isomething it a flat denial? Does it do any good to contact a cst to see what offers may be available on the account ?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.