Contributor
Chazman

Amex CLI Approved

Thanks to the forum, I had a few things recently cleaned thru the CRAs. I also did a product switch from Amex Delta to Amex Blue a couple of weeks ago. About 6 mos ago, AMEX thumped me back to a measly $500 with a perfect 2 year record (made the mistake of PIF). Just clicked the cli form on the site, and they bumped me to $1500.  Don't know if it was due to the switch or the clean up, but thanks for everyone's great input!

BTW, my fako scores average about 650...
Frequent Contributor
lurknomore

Re: Amex CLI Approved

Looks like you're making a comeback with Amex, Chaz.  Congrats and continue to tread carefully with that bizarre entity known as Amex.  :smileyvery-happy:
FICO: 8/08 - TU 718; EQ 702; EX 733 (Bonafide 700 club member!)
Next goal: 750s across the board!!
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Hiya Chaz. What were you at before they CLD'd you? Did you have any new lates or derogs show up on your CR? Were you late on a payment with Amex or get high util with another lender?
Here we go again...
Contributor
Chazman

I was at $5k before the fall...hit a skid Oct-Nov '06 with 4 30-day lates (BofA and Chase) and I think that's what did me in.  No lates with AMEX... My utility's now <15%, but never more than 40.  BofA did not renew me, even after I PIF'd on a $7,500 line. Wish I had known about the site then and would have gone for the recon. 

Interesting note...I only asked for $1500 w/ AMEX (+ $1k), was approved, and went back in to see what would happen.  Said I had to wait 30 (thirty) days (not 6 months) before I requested another CLI.  I did PIF AMEX about a month ago...was determined I wasn't going to use a card with only $500 limit.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}