Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI Approved

tag
Chazman
Contributor

Amex CLI Approved

Thanks to the forum, I had a few things recently cleaned thru the CRAs. I also did a product switch from Amex Delta to Amex Blue a couple of weeks ago. About 6 mos ago, AMEX thumped me back to a measly $500 with a perfect 2 year record (made the mistake of PIF). Just clicked the cli form on the site, and they bumped me to $1500.  Don't know if it was due to the switch or the clean up, but thanks for everyone's great input!

BTW, my fako scores average about 650...
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI Approved

Looks like you're making a comeback with Amex, Chaz.  Congrats and continue to tread carefully with that bizarre entity known as Amex.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Hiya Chaz. What were you at before they CLD'd you? Did you have any new lates or derogs show up on your CR? Were you late on a payment with Amex or get high util with another lender?
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 4
Chazman
Contributor

I was at $5k before the fall...hit a skid Oct-Nov '06 with 4 30-day lates (BofA and Chase) and I think that's what did me in.  No lates with AMEX... My utility's now <15%, but never more than 40.  BofA did not renew me, even after I PIF'd on a $7,500 line. Wish I had known about the site then and would have gone for the recon. 

Interesting note...I only asked for $1500 w/ AMEX (+ $1k), was approved, and went back in to see what would happen.  Said I had to wait 30 (thirty) days (not 6 months) before I requested another CLI.  I did PIF AMEX about a month ago...was determined I wasn't going to use a card with only $500 limit.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.