Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI (Delta Skymiles Gold)

tag
brendogg27
Contributor

Amex CLI (Delta Skymiles Gold)

Do they pull hard IQ for CLI's?  I'd like to use the card more, but with 1000CL makes it hard to purchase anything substantial.  I am also considering upgrading to Platinum.  The rep I spoke with said I'd have to pay the AF of $175.  Is it worth it?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex CLI (Delta Skymiles Gold)

brendogg27 wrote:
Do they pull hard IQ for CLI's?  I'd like to use the card more, but with 1000CL makes it hard to purchase anything substantial.  I am also considering upgrading to Platinum.  The rep I spoke with said I'd have to pay the AF of $175.  Is it worth it?

Amex will not pull a hard inq. Unless you fly a lot with Delta or their partnered airlines, this card or a Plat DSM is not worth the AF. See if you can covert to another Amex card such as Blue, Blue Cash or Clear...these do not have annual fees.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No- Softs for CLI's

Is the Plat worth the AF? That's up to you-
Message 3 of 6
brendogg27
Contributor

Thanks for the response.  Fortunately the first year with my DSM Gold is AF free.  After my free year is up  I will probably convert it to something else.  I went for it because I'm trying to get build more points with an airline.  I will start to use Delta as my preferred airline until then. 

Thanks again for the help!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

brendogg27 wrote:
Thanks for the response.  Fortunately the first year with my DSM Gold is AF free.  After my free year is up  I will probably convert it to something else.  I went for it because I'm trying to get build more points with an airline.  I will start to use Delta as my preferred airline until then. 

I have the Gold DSM and love this card.  I have also considered doing the switcheroo to something with no AF once my first year is up, but as that time gets closer, I'm beginning to lean towards just keeping it, AF and all.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am keeping mine-
60K miles in the bank-
I have a charge card- so the $35 AF is not much-

cheddar wrote:

brendogg27 wrote:

I have the Gold DSM and love this card.  I have also considered doing the switcheroo to something with no AF once my first year is up, but as that time gets closer, I'm beginning to lean towards just keeping it, AF and all.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.