Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI HP?

tag
nitrov
Established Contributor

Amex CLI HP?

Hello all. I know there's been some changes with Amex this year, such as the discontinuance of backdating new accounts this year, so I'm not sure if I missed something regarding Amex CLIs now requiring HPs?

I've had a BCE for about a year, never gotten approved for a CLI. I've probably requested 2-3 and have always gotten the canned 7-10 day decision response that ended up being a no. I submitted another a couple days ago and got a phone call from their new accounts dept. due to a fraud alert I have on my credit. I asked her if the inquiry would be a HP or a SP and she said HP! What? Since when would a simple CLI with Amex be a HP??

I did get approved for the CLI from $5500 to $15,000, but I haven't received a notification from credit monitoring that a HP had been done. Is this something someone else has heard about or is it more likely she was mistaken and it really was just a SP?

Thanks!

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex CLI HP?

Still SP!!!

Message 2 of 6
renclan
Regular Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

Hello all. I know there's been some changes with Amex this year, such as the discontinuance of backdating new accounts this year, so I'm not sure if I missed something regarding Amex CLIs now requiring HPs?

I've had a BCE for about a year, never gotten approved for a CLI. I've probably requested 2-3 and have always gotten the canned 7-10 day decision response that ended up being a no. I submitted another a couple days ago and got a phone call from their new accounts dept. due to a fraud alert I have on my credit. I asked her if the inquiry would be a HP or a SP and she said HP! What? Since when would a simple CLI with Amex be a HP??

I did get approved for the CLI from $5500 to $15,000, but I haven't received a notification from credit monitoring that a HP had been done. Is this something someone else has heard about or is it more likely she was mistaken and it really was just a SP?

Thanks!

Same thing for me. I saw that everyone had been saying that a denial would be a softpull, but that an approval would result in a hardpull. About a week ago, I went for an increase and was approved. I've waited and waited and still no notifications from My Fico regarding a new inquiry. I guess it was a soft pull. However, I wonder why so many people said theirs resulted in an inquiry.

Congrats on your increase!

Current FICO Scores: EQ 770, Trans 753, Exp 759
MyFICO Starting Scores/2015: EQ 677, Trans 695, Exp 674

Amex Blue Cash $21,500. Amex Everyday $11,300. Citi Double Cash $14,050. Cap One Quicksilver 11,800. Discover It $27,800. Chase Slate $5200. Chase Sapphire $10,000. Care Credit $2800. Wells Fargo $1500. Vic Sec $5380. Kohl's $2500. Old Navy $7500. Macy's $7000. Walmart $7500.
Message 3 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Mistaken CSR. Still SP.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 6
nitrov
Established Contributor

Great, thanks guys!
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@renclan wrote:

@nitrov wrote:

Thanks!

Same thing for me. I saw that everyone had been saying that a denial would be a softpull, but that an approval would result in a hardpull. About a week ago, I went for an increase and was approved. I've waited and waited and still no notifications from My Fico regarding a new inquiry. I guess it was a soft pull. However, I wonder why so many people said theirs resulted in an inquiry.

Congrats on your increase!

You're confusing apping for another card with asking for a CLI.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.