Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI? Help!

tag
800who
Regular Contributor

Amex CLI? Help!

I've had my BCE since July and they started me with a 2k balance, what's the best way to get an increase? How much of an increase could I ask for will they do a hard pull etc?

Thanks Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Amex CLI? Help!

There's a huge thread in the credit application forum that can be used as a guide. It's normally a soft pull for CLI. You can try now if you like. Asked 3x of what you have now. They'll either deny, counter offer or give you the amount you've requested. Some folks see CLIs in 61 days, others 91 and 181 days. After your first increase. You can try every 181 days.
Message 2 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Definitely ask for a CLI to $6,000. As mentioned, AMEX will approve, counter, or deny. It'll be a soft pull.

If you're approved, it'll be 181 days before you can request again. If you're denied, you can request again in 91 days. If you lose count of the days and happen to ask too soon, the clock won't be reset.

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, my first instinct was to post the Gmood1 Method, No Fear , 3x all day all night long, getting the max you want cant go wrongSmiley Wink

Lo and behold G shows up first haha!. Should be sp OPSmiley Wink Good luck!!
Message 4 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

All great answers.  People often get disappointed with low starting lines with Amex, but there really is no other lender that will grow like them without constantly having to do hard pulls.  DW got an EveryDay with a very unusually low for her SL of $2000 (her average line is around $25k or so), but it grew to $4000 (asked for $6000) in 2 months, to $12k (what we asked) 6 months later, and to $32k (asked for $36k) 6 months after that.  As long as you haven't had a CLI on any Amex account in the past 180 days, you should be fine to ask.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just asked the same question.. i had mine for 90 days and just requested cli, and got instant approval for 3x my limit. No hp

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.