Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI. I couldn't resist...

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Amex CLI. I couldn't resist...

I just requested a CLI for my Amex BCE CC. I had requested one about eight or nine months ago and have had a CL of $15k since. Today, I couldn't resist the itch and requested an online increase to $18k. I like to bring up the CL in small steps. I thought requesting too much would be unreasonable although Amex seems to be very generous. The online request was instantly approved. Yay! Smiley Tongue

Now I only hope that I will not hear from the Amex police who will review my account. I charge about $500 to this card every month and pay it off in full. I've had it for four  years even though it backdates to 2003.

Thanks Amex!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Amex CLI. I couldn't resist...

Congrats on the CLI

YOur CL was already great but every little CLI counts Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would ask to go to 25k in 6 months!

Message 3 of 8
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'd love to, but I might leave it at 18k for a while. I don't really need more credit. Isn't there also a CL reporting limit that kicks in around 25k with the bureaus? Or is that higher? I wouldn't want my Amex to be excluded from util and everything.

Message 4 of 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@wollepopolle wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'd love to, but I might leave it at 18k for a while. I don't really need more credit. Isn't there also a CL reporting limit that kicks in around 25k with the bureaus? Or is that higher? I wouldn't want my Amex to be excluded from util and everything.

Is this your only amex card?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wollepopolle wrote:

I just requested a CLI for my Amex BCE CC. I had requested one about eight or nine months ago and have had a CL of $15k since. Today, I couldn't resist the itch and requested an online increase to $18k. I like to bring up the CL in small steps. I thought requesting too much would be unreasonable although Amex seems to be very generous. The online request was instantly approved. Yay! Smiley Tongue

Now I only hope that I will not hear from the Amex police who will review my account. I charge about $500 to this card every month and pay it off in full. I've had it for four  years even though it backdates to 2003.

Thanks Amex!

Congratz on the CLi,

By chance would you be willing to finance my next car purchase Smiley Very Happy.

Message 6 of 8
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@wollepopolle wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Is this your only amex card?

Yes, it is my only Amex card. It is also the only one that makes sense for me among all Amex private customer cards.
Message 7 of 8
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

That's a nice increase.  Ask for what you're comfortable with.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.