Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI and they want a 4506T form filled out

tag
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Amex CLI and they want a 4506T form filled out

I have been a member of Amex since 1988.

I have had my Delta Amex credit card for two years. I have received 2 CLIs already on this card. I was at 10k and asked the third time to extend it to 20k... only 2x, not 3x like most of you try. It wasnt denied or approved right away. I was told I have to wait for a review from the financial department. Yesterday I came home from my weekly business trip and opened a letter from them stating in order to approve my CLI, they needed to see my last two years tax forms...

That is OK I guess, and I faxed it to them. the only thing is when they asked what I make, I told them what I CURRENTLY make, not what I made last year and the year before. My check stubs for the first three months this year total 76k, so that is 300k annual salary. I told them I made 280k.. But last years return only shows me earning 203k. I was off work for 8 weeks out of the year. What can I expect?

I have a plat amex with NPSL, so I really dont 'need' the CLI. But just like everyone else, I like to use the higher CLs to bolster my available credit to credit used ratio. I really just have this card because it is another card backdated to 1988..

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Amex CLI and they want a 4506T form filled out

you can also include your 3 paystubs with the docs you faxed over to provide further clarification.

also, they just want to verify whatever you're making is sufficient to warrant the CL. don't need to worry too much.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 28
rlx01
Established Contributor

The difference between 203k and 280k is irrelevant for a CL of 20k.

IMHO you have nothing to worry about.

Message 3 of 28
boomhower
Valued Contributor

You easily make double what would be needed for that credit line.  You have no worries. 

Message 4 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

+1@rlx. But did they say why they're asking?
Typically only a cli of $25k or more triggers a tax doc request, right?
Have you opened a bunch of accounts recently? Or increased util? Just curious so I know what to expect when I do my next cli req w Amex :-0
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

If you don't mind telling me, what do you do for a living? 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 6 of 28
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Have you opened a bunch of accounts recently? No

Or increased util? No, Util is at 6%

Message 7 of 28
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Ryanbush, I am an IT consultant. Microsoft Exchange architect to be more specific.

Message 8 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

omg.

how scary...

maybe I won't even request another cli on mine in June :-O

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 28
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@OP, were you participating in manufactured spending at anytime in the last few months?

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.