Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI coming up, thinking through strategies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI coming up, thinking through strategies

Just to follow up... I applied for the Starwood during that stellar offer, and just got a mortgage, so I decided to play it safe and 3x the Blue Cash Preferred to $8700. 

It was an instant approval despite my new card and quite a few of HP's.

Cheers.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old post but revelant to me...I just got a BCE that AMEX had a pending offer to me (15 mos. 0% interest then 13.24% $150 cash back/$1000 spend).  Only a 2K limit but I have an everday with a $15K limit.  I was told I could move CL's around and see from this thread that it easy to do so.  Once I activate the card I will move as much as possible and probably close the everday.  I have a senior gold (got it while the backdating was in effect-mine goes back to 1991) with pay over time option and travel pay over time option.  Of course, there are those ubiquitous 3X CLI offers that AMEX likes to hand out to selected folks.  The CSR who took my app over the phone encouraged me to get the line increase but I am trying to be conservative with my credit.  I have 7 cards, having just closed my Amazon Visa from chase.  I just want the cash back from my cards and the travel perks that CSP offers.   I'll keep the rarely used senior card open and pay the $65 AF for its age and offers.

Message 22 of 23
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to follow up... I applied for the Starwood during that stellar offer, and just got a mortgage, so I decided to play it safe and 3x the Blue Cash Preferred to $8700. 

It was an instant approval despite my new card and quite a few of HP's.

Cheers.

Nice!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.