Did you mean: 

Amex CLI denied due to "credit limits are sufficient for income"

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex CLI denied due to "credit limits are sufficient for income"

@thelethargicage wrote:

@blk8 wrote:

You have reached the max for AMEX's likings. You have 150% of your income available to you in credit cards.

Well, more like 116%, actually. I'll garden for the next 6 months and give it another shot around October.

I am at 2 x my annual income and also 25K with Amex....so in 2015 it will be interesting to see how a new app with Amex will go Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 23
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@blk8 wrote:

You have reached the max for AMEX's likings. You have 150% of your income available to you in credit cards.

Well, more like 116%, actually. I'll garden for the next 6 months and give it another shot around October.

I am at 2 x my annual income and also 25K with Amex....so in 2015 it will be interesting to see how a new app with Amex will go Smiley Wink

I wonder if they take into assets in CLI determination? Especially for high net worth, low income individuals, re: seniors/retired people.

Message 22 of 23
nyancat
Established Contributor

I'd heard about this with Amex, but I know for me I JUST got approved for $7,300 Amex Delta with $20,600 in other limits and about $30k in income. So they're letting me have almost 100% of my income with them alone, not counting my other cards at all.

I'll also say - I don't come CLOSE to using my limits, and I pay in full, every card, every month, within a couple days of closing. That can't be a bad factor to them.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.