Valued Contributor
Crashem

Re: Amex CLI denied

andre181 wrote:

Definitely. I'm always very aware of my CC usage considering my low-ish income. My util is never more than 5%

I have a lot in student loans though and I think that is what worries AMEX. Its about $45k so far and will be at *gulp* about $60k when I graduate.

That and a lot of inquiries (10) are the only things that AMEX cite as my reasons for denial. My EX FICO is 754 according to them so its not a credit issue, but a low income issue.

But other than that, my CR's are stellar (in my opinion). No lates, no collections, nothing adverse. Paid and closed auto loan with original balance of $13,499 which was PIF in 15 months.

student loans on deferment?  If so, you might call cli department and explain situation.  Computer model has hard time with deferred loans  vs income.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Established Contributor
andre181

Re: Amex CLI denied

Hmm, interesting. They are all in in-school deferment, except one very small one which in grace for 7 more months.

I might give them a call.

Discover IT $24K | FNBO Visa $20K | Citi Forward $12.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $10K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi ThankYou Preferred $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}