Amex CLI denied :(

tag
salek10
Regular Contributor

Amex CLI denied :(

Amex denied my CLI request... 

reasons:

"Our Scoring of your credit and other relevant information" 

According to the letter I have a EX FICO of 729, which I assume isn't that bad, but it also states that another reason is the number of creditors that reviewed my report. I think it's due to the auto loan I got last month :{ ... oh well

So my question is,  when will I be able to request a CLI again? 61 days or 180?

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI denied :(

Should be 180 I believe.
Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

90 days until you can try again... 180 after your first increase with them

Message 3 of 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

90 days

I was denied three times before I finally got approved for CLI. Reasons were new accounts and length of history with AMEX.

Hang in there!

Message 4 of 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

90 days until you can try again... 180 after your first increase with them

+1

Try again on 91st day.

Message 5 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

what was the other reason they gave you? you should address those if you can so you'll hav a better chance next time

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

90 days

I was denied three times before I finally got approved for CLI. Reasons were new accounts and length of history with AMEX.

Hang in there!

Yep, same for me on history and recent accounts.  No biggie and I'll punch it again on day 91.

Message 7 of 10
medo
Frequent Contributor

What happens if you try before 90 days and are declined?

Message 8 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@medo wrote:

What happens if you try before 90 days and are declined?

It'll tell you that you applied before 90 days

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 10
medo
Frequent Contributor

That has never happened though.  I've tried a few times after the 61 day decline and it never gives me that error.  Weird.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.