Did you mean: 

Amex CLI in this credit climate

tag
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex CLI in this credit climate

@Creditaddict wrote:
Is this amex in your name only?
was that the starting CL, or have you already gotten cli.

I'm surprised that Chase just opened you a new credit card SO FAR from your highest CL.

Yes, all my accounts are individual accounts in my name only, no A/U accounts or joint accounts. My Amex card was opened in 7/2007 and the original limit was $5700, but I requested a CLI at activation up to $10,000. I requested another CLI up to $20,000 in February earlier this year. So now here I am 6 months later wondering if I should up it yet again.

In terms of my current spending patterns, I use the card pretty much every month with low utilization, usually less than $500 a month.

I've been trying to get my other cards up without any hard inquiries, but they all seem pretty tough to deal with. I called Discover a few weeks ago and all I got was an extra $750 on top of my then-existing $1000 line. The first question they asked was "Are you a student?" to which I replied "Yes". After that, they didn't care about anything else - my income didn't even matter to them. All they seemed to care about was the fact that I was a student.

As far as the Chase Amazon Visa goes, they won't grant a CLI without pulling a hard. Also, I was very surprised they only granted me a $3,000 line. For now, I don't feel like there's much I can do about increasing this line, especially on such a new account.

Finally, my Citi Professional Cash card got an auto-CLI in the amount of $600 3-4 months ago, and since Citi has rolled out the new look of their website, the auto-CLI request feature seems to have gone missing (yet I can still find it on my other Citi Driver's Edge account.)

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.