cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI is due tomorrow - which card to 3x?

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Amex CLI is due tomorrow - which card to 3x?

@Odiseous wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Well, I took the gamble, and I didn't come out on top.

I was only able to take my Delta from $8500 to $10k.

I'm fairly certain I could have recieved the full 3x on the Costco TE - but like you said, I can transfer the CL to the TE later.

Oh well - time to mark the calendar for 6 months from now.

Thanks guys!

If AmEx countered you on one card, they'd likely have countered you on the other card as well.

After my Blue Cash was at 10k (which they countered with), I waited the 6 months, and tried for CLI on my Mercedes AmEx from 2k to 6k, and was declined because I was at my maximum with them, across all cards.

Until something changes (raise in income, FICO score increase, etc..) you are likely at your capped limit. Guess we'll find out in 6 months.

FYI, reallocating CLs between cards is limited to one every 30 days, across all cards.

The donor card needs to be 13 billing cycles old before you have the option to reallocate the line. The receiving card does not have to be 13 billing cycles old. There is a little info on this on the AMEX 3X CLI guide. 

Message 11 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex CLI is due tomorrow - which card to 3x?

@Odiseous wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

@Odiseous wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Well, I took the gamble, and I didn't come out on top.

I was only able to take my Delta from $8500 to $10k.

I'm fairly certain I could have recieved the full 3x on the Costco TE - but like you said, I can transfer the CL to the TE later.

Oh well - time to mark the calendar for 6 months from now.

Thanks guys!

If AmEx countered you on one card, they'd likely have countered you on the other card as well.

After my Blue Cash was at 10k (which they countered with), I waited the 6 months, and tried for CLI on my Mercedes AmEx from 2k to 6k, and was declined because I was at my maximum with them, across all cards.

Until something changes (raise in income, FICO score increase, etc..) you are likely at your capped limit. Guess we'll find out in 6 months.

FYI, reallocating CLs between cards is limited to one every 30 days, across all cards.

Good info.

My plan is to move as MUCH of my Delta CL to the Costco TE, and then Cx the delta when the AF hits.

Then Jan of 14' 3x the Costco TE

They require you to leave a minimum of $500 on the "from" card. So, if you are at 10k exactly, you'll be able to move 9,500 over.

Excellent info!

I'm actually at $10.5k, so a nice even 10k transfer will put me at 12k prior to my next 3x

Nice!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.