Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 257
Registered: ‎08-18-2013
0

Amex CLI, or cancel and get different amex revolver.

[ Edited ]

Amex has been the only card to never let me get a CLI. I have had the hilton card for 2 years now, asked for a CLI the first time in august of this year, denied stating that my platinum was limited. It is no longer limited, and I Have been running 10k a month through the amex platinum since june of this year. Paying in full before the "please pay by" date. Its now been 96 days since I asked for my last CLI. Is it worth trying again, or to soon? Credit score lender pulled is 739. My current balance on the card is 1300, Which I plan to pay in full at the end of the month, the card is what I use online for utilites such as my electric, phone, cell, water, etc bill and the bills are about the same every month. However im sick of it being a low limit. Is it worth asking for 6k on this card. I really dont need the limit, I just dont like being so close to the limit every month. Or should I close it and try with another amex revolver such as BCE, now that I make more money than I did when I got that card, and have less uti then I did 2 years ago when I got the card. Thanks! 

Amex Platinum NPSL (with option to carry) I Citi Prestige World E 35k I USAA World MasterCard 35K I Chase Sapphire Preferred 25k I Barclays Arrival World Mc 25k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 25k I Southwest Chase 24K I PenFed Visa Sig 23k I Target Visa 12k I Chase Freedom 10,100 I Discover IT 10k I Lowes 42k
Edward Jones LOC 590k (limit varies depending on market) @3.49 I BB&T HELOC 250k @ 3.25
Chase Jumbo Mortgage Approved@ 4.6% 3/10/14!!!
Regular Contributor
Posts: 232
Registered: ‎06-15-2013
0

Re: Amex CLI, or cancel and get different amex revolver.

I would try again since it's been 90 days and there is no hard pull on your credit. If it's denied again, then you could decide if applying for another card would be worth it.

Citi DC VS - 11.4k - 12.24% - 6/12 ~ Chase Ink+ WEMC - 5k - 10.24% - 7/12 ~ Chase Freedom VS - 5k - 12.99% - 2/13 ~ Chase Hyatt VS - 5k - 15.24% - 6/13 ~ Amex Hilton - 5.8k -13.99% - 8/13 ~ Chase IHG WMC - 3k - 15.24% - 1/14 ~ Chase Ink$ VS - 5k - 13.24% - 5/14 ~ NFCU $ VS - 20k - 9.65% - 12/14 ~ Citi AA WEMC - 2.9k - 10.24% - 12/14
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 257
Registered: ‎08-18-2013
0

Re: Amex CLI, or cancel and get different amex revolver.

gave it a shot , got a 7-10 day message. 

Amex Platinum NPSL (with option to carry) I Citi Prestige World E 35k I USAA World MasterCard 35K I Chase Sapphire Preferred 25k I Barclays Arrival World Mc 25k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 25k I Southwest Chase 24K I PenFed Visa Sig 23k I Target Visa 12k I Chase Freedom 10,100 I Discover IT 10k I Lowes 42k
Edward Jones LOC 590k (limit varies depending on market) @3.49 I BB&T HELOC 250k @ 3.25
Chase Jumbo Mortgage Approved@ 4.6% 3/10/14!!!
Regular Contributor
Posts: 232
Registered: ‎06-15-2013
0

Re: Amex CLI, or cancel and get different amex revolver.

Well, it's likely, but not necessarily, a denial. I wonder if Amex, even after the Platinum, has you in some kind of holding pattern. Curious what the letter has to say.

Citi DC VS - 11.4k - 12.24% - 6/12 ~ Chase Ink+ WEMC - 5k - 10.24% - 7/12 ~ Chase Freedom VS - 5k - 12.99% - 2/13 ~ Chase Hyatt VS - 5k - 15.24% - 6/13 ~ Amex Hilton - 5.8k -13.99% - 8/13 ~ Chase IHG WMC - 3k - 15.24% - 1/14 ~ Chase Ink$ VS - 5k - 13.24% - 5/14 ~ NFCU $ VS - 20k - 9.65% - 12/14 ~ Citi AA WEMC - 2.9k - 10.24% - 12/14
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,806
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Amex CLI, or cancel and get different amex revolver.


awp317 wrote:

gave it a shot , got a 7-10 day message. 


The message is not always an denial others have reported that shortly after getting the 7-10 day message they got an email stating approval so don't lose hope 

Good luck



+ Chase Ink =

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 10,924
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Amex CLI, or cancel and get different amex revolver.


myjourney wrote:

awp317 wrote:

gave it a shot , got a 7-10 day message. 


The message is not always an denial others have reported that shortly after getting the 7-10 day message they got an email stating approval so don't lose hope 

Good luck


Indeed, check the app status page.  Pretty much all my Amex things other than the last CLI I got 7-10 day messages and 5 minutes later checking the app status I saw I was approved.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator
Posts: 7,800
Registered: ‎01-15-2009
0

Re: Amex CLI, or cancel and get different amex revolver.

I'm always a fan of the get another card with Amex if they aren't giving you CLIs because it's just a soft pull if denied and if approved then that's an AWESOME use of a HP for aaoa and also if you don't like the card when you close it you can move your CL over to your original. :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 257
Registered: ‎08-18-2013
0

Re: Amex CLI, or cancel and get different amex revolver.

[ Edited ]

How do I check a limit increase status? When I try the "check application status" page it just gives me the two cards that were approved already. One even from a year ago. 

 

I know when I did the limit increase in august I got the same message, and about 15 min later an email saying "we have made a decision" or whatever.  But havent heard anything from them as of yet on this one. 

Amex Platinum NPSL (with option to carry) I Citi Prestige World E 35k I USAA World MasterCard 35K I Chase Sapphire Preferred 25k I Barclays Arrival World Mc 25k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 25k I Southwest Chase 24K I PenFed Visa Sig 23k I Target Visa 12k I Chase Freedom 10,100 I Discover IT 10k I Lowes 42k
Edward Jones LOC 590k (limit varies depending on market) @3.49 I BB&T HELOC 250k @ 3.25
Chase Jumbo Mortgage Approved@ 4.6% 3/10/14!!!
Regular Contributor
Posts: 238
Registered: ‎10-18-2012
0

Re: Amex CLI, or cancel and get different amex revolver.


awp317 wrote:

Amex has been the only card to never let me get a CLI. I have had the hilton card for 2 years now, asked for a CLI the first time in august of this year, denied stating that my platinum was limited. It is no longer limited, and I Have been running 10k a month through the amex platinum since june of this year. Paying in full before the "please pay by" date. Its now been 96 days since I asked for my last CLI. Is it worth trying again, or to soon? Credit score lender pulled is 739. My current balance on the card is 1300, Which I plan to pay in full at the end of the month, the card is what I use online for utilites such as my electric, phone, cell, water, etc bill and the bills are about the same every month. However im sick of it being a low limit. Is it worth asking for 6k on this card. I really dont need the limit, I just dont like being so close to the limit every month. Or should I close it and try with another amex revolver such as BCE, now that I make more money than I did when I got that card, and have less uti then I did 2 years ago when I got the card. Thanks! 



Is that normai? I have the Green card with NPSL, how would I know if there some sort of  limit on it?  I'm concerned because I also have a BCE that I am hoping to get a CLI on in Jan......

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 10,924
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Amex CLI, or cancel and get different amex revolver.


awp317 wrote:

How do I check a limit increase status? When I try the "check application status" page it just gives me the two cards that were approved already. One even from a year ago. 

 

I know when I did the limit increase in august I got the same message, and about 15 min later an email saying "we have made a decision" or whatever.  But havent heard anything from them as of yet on this one. 


Sigh, I am getting so sloppy these days.  CLI != application.

 

Not sure, I checked in the online account.  It's admittedly rare that a CLI request is an approval after a 7-10 day result but there are exceptions.

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.