Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI policy on multiple accounts

tag
Himo
Valued Member

Amex CLI policy on multiple accounts

So today I got my new amex BCE in the mail , and I was like let me try CLI I know haven't had the card for 61 days but i decided to give a shot. Of course was denied but the reason they said because Amex only can give just one CLI on all accounts within 6 months! I recently got CLI on my Amex Costco card. So do I have to wait six months now from the day I got CLI on my Costco to request CLI on my BCE?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI policy on multiple accounts

@Himo wrote:
So today I got my new amex BCE in the mail , and I was like let me try CLI I know haven't had the card for 61 days but i decided to give a shot. Of course was denied but the reason they said because Amex only can give just one CLI on all accounts within 6 months! I recently got CLI on my Amex Costco card. So do I have to wait six months now from the day I got CLI on my Costco to request CLI on my BCE?

Yes.  

Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Himo wrote:

Yes, as documented in the sticky and in lots of threads.  First CLI after 61 days (although reports of people succeeding after a shorter time), next CLI on ANY card is 6 months later.   However, getting a new card is fine and doesn't restart the clock.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sucks

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.