Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI question

tag
iFICO
Valued Member

Amex CLI question

I wanted to ask that when requesting a CLI with Amex, can I request 3x the limit on a particular card or 3x the combined limit on both my Costco TE card and my Amex BCP card?  I am thinking of asking for 3x on my BCP and transferring part of the increase to my Costco card.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  

Starting Score: TU698 EQ691
Current Score: TU800 EQ816
Goal Score: achieved

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex CLI question

@iFICO wrote:

I wanted to ask that when requesting a CLI with Amex, can I request 3x the limit on a particular card or 3x the combined limit on both my Costco TE card and my Amex BCP card?  I am thinking of asking for 3x on my BCP and transferring part of the increase to my Costco card.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  

I believe it's 3x the limit on the card, not combined card limits. At least that's what I've always assumed. The only time I asked for a CLI, I asked for 2x and received it on the SPG card. I really just wanted to move some of the limit of the CostcoTE to the SPG but I tried and they said I wasn't able to do that yet because of the account age I think, so I just asked for a CLI on the SPG and that was successful.

Message 2 of 7
iFICO
Valued Member

Thank you for your response!  I trully appreciate all the help I've gotten from this forum.   I just called the number on the back of my Amex BCP and crossed my fingers as I asked for $6000 (3x my current limit) and I was APPROVED!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 7
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I've had a lot of help from this forum too. It's one of the best forums I've ever participated in without question. 

Message 4 of 7
seiyafan
Valued Member

It is approaching the 60 days for me to request my first CLI, should I mention to them not to do a hard pull or do they always do the first CLI without a hard pull?

Message 5 of 7
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I believe Amex CLIs are a soft pull. That is what I think I have consistently read on here.  I asked for a CLI on my SPG a couple months ago.  It was the first CLI I had requested, but I waited 6 months to request it.  I requested it through my online account rather than calling in. There was no hard pull.

All of that said, I am always prepared for a hard pull whenever asking for any increase in existing credit or new credit. That way I am never disappointed.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 6 of 7
iFICO
Valued Member

It was a soft for me.  No hard pull at all.  Good luck!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.