Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI question

I have read that amex cards are eligible for a CLI on the 61st day after getting that card and 6 months thereafter, assuming you do get a CLI.

But if you are declined a CLI how long before u can ask for one again?

Or does the 6 month rule apply either way you get a CLI or declined? confused about it.

thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: Amex CLI question

I believe if you get denied, you can try again in 30 days. Everything else is accurate.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also i dont see an option to request a credit line  increase under profile account and manage credit limit option. Am i missing something?

Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also i dont see an option to request a credit line  increase under profile account and manage credit limit option. Am i missing something?

You can do it in automated phone options too Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

My luv button disappeared a few months ago too. I just called the number on the card last week and got a CLI. I believe it's 90 days after a denial, 6 months after an approved CLI.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Message 5 of 11
dharalex
Established Contributor

Oops! My bad...

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 6 of 11
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Does amex do SP for CLI?

My GF was just upgraded from Amex Skymiles gold to Platinum (that sound right?) without requesting, so I wonder if she could benefit from a util perspective, by asking for a CLI, but w/o a HP on her CRs

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LTomBerry wrote:

My luv button disappeared a few months ago too. I just called the number on the card last week and got a CLI. I believe it's 90 days after a denial, 6 months after an approved CLI.

That's correct, 90 days after denial and 6 months after approval. Called Amex  to ask about this.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repo-ed wrote:

Does amex do SP for CLI?

My GF was just upgraded from Amex Skymiles gold to Platinum (that sound right?) without requesting, so I wonder if she could benefit from a util perspective, by asking for a CLI, but w/o a HP on her CRs

Amex CLIs are SP

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Does amex do SP for CLI?

Amex CLIs are SP

Are they based on the report they have on file (they SP me every month) or do they do a SP when you ask for the CLI?

My understanding is that when a card holder applies for a new card, they will use the last soft to decide whether you're worthy of a new card, and if you are they will pull hard, so I'm wondering if they do the same when requesting a CLI (minus the hard pull of course).

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.