Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI question?

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Amex CLI question?

Is applying online always a soft pull?

Also , is there a way without calling to know the last time you applied. I know I was denied a few months ago but not sure when.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex CLI question?

@lionsfan20 wrote:

Also , is there a way without calling to know the last time you applied. I know I was denied a few months ago but not sure when.

it's always sp rather you call or do it online.

i think you would have to call to find out last time you did it, quick and easy to do that though.

Message 2 of 8
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

i think you would have to call to find out last time you did it, quick and easy to do that though.

+1

SP if denied, HP if approved. 

Check here and it'll have a list of all the apps you applied in the past w/ AMEX

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

+1

Check here and it'll have a list of all the apps you applied in the past w/ AMEX

OP is just asking about CLI no? always sp no matter what.

Message 4 of 8
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

+1

I am pretty sure it's a SP for a CLI, whether you're approved or not. 

Message 5 of 8
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

You could always use the chat function if you don't feel like calling in!

Message 6 of 8
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

+1

OP is just asking about CLI no? always sp no matter what.

O my....i should've read more carefully, sorry guys yes it's SP for CLI...got confused w/ regular app'ing process.  My apologies for confusion

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 8
Weights
Regular Contributor

I also wanted to confirm that it's a SP whether approved or denied.  I was approved for one earlier this one, and it showed up as a SP on Experian.  As others have said, I think you'd have to call and find out the last date a CLI request was submitted if your unsure.  You could try this link as well to see if there's a record online: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/loc_email_status.do?pcn=20140621378976USD. 

Let us know how it works out for you. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.