Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI timing?

tag
melbaro
New Contributor

Re: Amex CLI timing?

Does the system notify you that you are applying too early if you request a CLI before the allowed timeframes...or does it give you a 7-10 message?

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The system gives you 7-10 day message.  On a similiar note, does anyone know minimum time waiting to submit new request after a declined CLI request?  I asked for a small increase from 22k to 25k and was declined...tried a month or so later and got an error saying I was declined a CLI too recently.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The system gives you 7-10 day message.  On a similiar note, does anyone know minimum time waiting to submit new request after a declined CLI request?  I asked for a small increase from 22k to 25k and was declined...tried a month or so later and got an error saying I was declined a CLI too recently.

I think 30 days from denial... but it would have to be +6 months from your CLI.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@melbaro wrote:

Does the system notify you that you are applying too early if you request a CLI before the allowed timeframes...or does it give you a 7-10 message?

I think it's odd that some people can request a CLI too early. I only say this because, on my account, the option to request a CLI isnt available. It just have a little thing that you click and says you cannot request a CLI within 60 days of opening the acct.

Message 14 of 19
cs91
Regular Contributor

I know if its not under the "manage credit" tab you can go to the "more account options" and select "increase line of credit". I am coming up on my 6 months later this month on my True Earnings but I dont want to chance it because I just got approved for the Blue Sky last week. 

Message 15 of 19
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

where is this CLI button for amex? I never see it in my manage your limit tab.

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 16 of 19
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

More account options will open a pop up when you click it.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 17 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They make it hard to find. Worth noting that the "check spending ability" is seperate from the " increase credit line" button
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh. ok I see it now.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.