Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI with 4506-T

tag
Chris87
Established Member

Amex CLI with 4506-T

I would like to request a 3x CLI on my Amex. That would bring my limit to $37.5k. My understanding is that they will request a 4506-T, and I don't mind complying. I do have a few questions. I file a joint return, which reflects my spouse's income. Can I include that in the figure that I provide to them? Should I list total income or AGI? Does anyone have any recent experience with a 4506-T request? I have seen some posts where people waited over a month, and some never received a response. Do they typically contact you with follow-up questions, or is it a seamless process? I appreciate any insight.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: Amex CLI with 4506-T

My data point is that I am at 35k with them on a BCP and have not had to provide the form. So it is not given that you will have to. If your stated income is what your joint return shows then you are good to go. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 6
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Dang, I just request a CLI yesterday after waiting for 180 days. I was at 18k and requested 25k to avoid paperwork, but would have no problem providing tax records. I wish I would have requested 35k now. Oh well, will have to wait now for 180 days.
Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Chris87 wrote:

My understanding is that they will request a 4506-T

They might.  The numbers tossed around are guidelines and not hard rules.  See also the 3x CLI Guide.

@Chris87 wrote:

Can I include that in the figure that I provide to them? Should I list total income or AGI? Does anyone have any recent experience with a 4506-T request? I have seen some posts where people waited over a month, and some never received a response. Do they typically contact you with follow-up questions, or is it a seamless process? I appreciate any insight.

No idea on the first question.  I've always only provided my own income as I have not needed her income.  How things proceed after the 4506-T is submitted depend on the specifics.  I've never had questions and have just received my CLI's a couple of weeks later.  However, YMMV.

@akula wrote:
I was at 18k and requested 25k to avoid paperwork, but would have no problem providing tax records.

What paperwork were you looking to aboid if you were ok with the 4506-T?  Make sure you read the 3x CLI Guide if you have not already.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can list your spouse's income. I also don't think its an issue to provide total income, rather than AGI. AGI is a tax construct, whereas total income is money you actually have access to.

Message 5 of 6
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Not really sure, just didn't want to go through the hassle. Anyway, I will request 35k in 180 days since I was approved for 25k yesterday
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.