Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI

I got my first Amex card on March 30 and as soon as I activated it tried to CLI. It gave me 7-10 day message. I contacted them via chat and rep said I should wait for 61 days before requesting credit limit increase. After a week I got a letter in the mail that they couldn't increase my limit because "Your account must be open for at least 60 days".

Do I need to try again when 60 days pass from my activation day (i.e May 30) or should I wait 90 days now (i.e June 30) since I tried to CLI on the day of activation and got denied? Thank you in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI

In the amex 3x cli thread it says that normally requesting one too early does not reset the clock.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex card. Just wait the 61 days and try again. The letter is just telling you that you tried too early....good luck...Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all, I will go for it on day 61. 

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

AND ON DAY 61 AMEX SAID LET THERE BE CLIGHTSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
AND ON DAY 61 AMEX SAID LET THERE BE CLIGHTSmiley Wink

chuckled at this one.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I opened my BCP in September this year, I did the CLI at activation and another CLI 180 days after activation, for the 3x increase.

I know it's been said before, but I feel AMEX is all over the board when it comes to the CLI at activation.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They may be a little inconsistent, but I see a lot more people not being able to get one than ones that do get a CLI at activation. At least it's just a SP for those that have tried

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.