Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI

tag
letmycreditgo

Amex CLI

Hi all,

I've had a credit card with Amex since 2007 and have never received a credit line increase. Account is current with no lates. I called the regular 800 number yesterday and was denied a credit line increase and told to try again in 90 days. Does anyone have a number or email address for the EO? Backdoor number? Underwriting department? Any info would be appreciated. Please PM me if need be. Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex CLI

@letmycreditgo wrote:

Hi all,

I've had a credit card with Amex since 2007 and have never received a credit line increase. Account is current with no lates. I called the regular 800 number yesterday and was denied a credit line increase and told to try again in 90 days. Does anyone have a number or email address for the EO? Backdoor number? Underwriting department? Any info would be appreciated. Please PM me if need be. Thanks.

That's a really long time to never be approved for a CLI. Just curious, what are the reason's they give when they deny? And what AMEX is this?

Message 2 of 10
letmycreditgo

I haven't applied in over a year so I don't remember exactly what the reason was last time. I'll get a letter in the mail for this one probably next week and I'll let you know. It's the Amex Jetblue card.
Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@letmycreditgo wrote:
I haven't applied in over a year so I don't remember exactly what the reason was last time. I'll get a letter in the mail for this one probably next week and I'll let you know. It's the Amex Jetblue card.

What is the limit and how much did you ask for?

Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

There's obviously something AMEX did not like when your CR was reviewed.  I don't think it's so much the amount requested since they can counter.  Have you looked at your CRs recently?  Do you have high utilization?  Any derogatory info?

Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Until you know the reasons for denial, requesting a manual review -if that's even possible- is premature. Have you read the sticky on Amex 3x CLI? What is your util? Have you added new accounts recently?
Message 6 of 10
letmycreditgo

I have high utilization on another card and some derogatory info, credit scores are around 640 on all reports.
Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

How high? What derogatory info? How old is the baddie? Keep in mind the CLI is not a guarantee, your CR's should be worthy of a higher CL.
Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Those items could point to the main issue of not being approved for a CLI.  Wait for the letter to confirm those findings. 

Message 9 of 10
letmycreditgo

Haven't read the sticky but I will. Utilization on my Amex is not high. Haven't added any new accounts lately.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.