Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI?

tag
jps1
Established Member

Amex CLI?

First thanks to everyone in the forums I have learned so much! Now to Amex so I have had my Surpass (SL 9K)  almost a year now and got a Delta and PRG back in december. Last month Citi approved my premier and this month chase approved a Mrriott for 16K. I wanted to apply for a CLI on the Surpass maybe to 20K but didnt want them to get scared when the new Chase and Citi cards report and have them FR me. What are your thoughts try it or wait? The fear with the FR is do I state my income for a job I just got but dont start for three weeks since its almost double my previous salary? 

Credit Union MC - $1500 / Discover IT - $2900 / Citi TYP- $3000 / BestBuy Store - $1400 / Amazon Visa- $1800
Amex Hilton Surpass- $20,000 / Barclay Arrival+ WEMC - $5,000 / Chase CSP - $11,800 / Chase Freedom - $5,800
Citi Thank You Premier - $5000 / Chase Marriott - $10,000 / Amex Delta Gold - $5,000 / Amex PRG - NPSL

Citi Hilton- $13,500 (AU) / Sears MC (AU) / Exxon Mobil (AU)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI?

you shouldn't get a FR review based on that alone, but if you use an income double what you used last time they pulled your credit on your behalf then they may wanna know more. i would play it safe and wait until you get a month worth of income with your new job. there's no rush in getting a higher credit limit if you don't need it.

congrats on your 2x income btw
Message 2 of 3
jps1
Established Member

Re: Amex CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:
you shouldn't get a FR review based on that alone, but if you use an income double what you used last time they pulled your credit on your behalf then they may wanna know more. i would play it safe and wait until you get a month worth of income with your new job. there's no rush in getting a higher credit limit if you don't need it.

congrats on your 2x income btw

Thanks, yeah its my first "real job" out of college. Thanks for the advise and you are right there is no rush since I bearly use the 9K on the surpass now it just one of those things where I havent applied for a CLI so i figured why not. 

Credit Union MC - $1500 / Discover IT - $2900 / Citi TYP- $3000 / BestBuy Store - $1400 / Amazon Visa- $1800
Amex Hilton Surpass- $20,000 / Barclay Arrival+ WEMC - $5,000 / Chase CSP - $11,800 / Chase Freedom - $5,800
Citi Thank You Premier - $5000 / Chase Marriott - $10,000 / Amex Delta Gold - $5,000 / Amex PRG - NPSL

Citi Hilton- $13,500 (AU) / Sears MC (AU) / Exxon Mobil (AU)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.