Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI

Alright then!

I have a payment posting in the next few days, I'll wait until that posts through to my Amex account so that they know I love them. Then I'll see if they love me too Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a SP

And OP, you can request the 3x CLI whenever you want, but I would recommend if you're new to Amex, or if they started you with really low limits, just to wait 61-90 before asking so they can get a feel for your spending and payment history

I've had my BCE open with them since November. Back in January before I discovered this forum and learned about 3x CLI I had already done a CLI but only from $8k to $10k. Duh. It's now been 187 days since that CLI so presumably I'm eligible. As mentioned I'll let my current paymnent post as it's going through in the next few days and that'll build some more trust.

Only consideration -- I apped a PRG since then, 120 days ago. So I don't know if they consider that a "CLI" and whether I need to wait until that hits 180 days?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a SP

And OP, you can request the 3x CLI whenever you want, but I would recommend if you're new to Amex, or if they started you with really low limits, just to wait 61-90 before asking so they can get a feel for your spending and payment history

I've had my BCE open with them since November. Back in January before I discovered this forum and learned about 3x CLI I had already done a CLI but only from $8k to $10k. Duh. It's now been 187 days since that CLI so presumably I'm eligible. As mentioned I'll let my current paymnent post as it's going through in the next few days and that'll build some more trust.

Only consideration -- I apped a PRG since then, 120 days ago. So I don't know if they consider that a "CLI" and whether I need to wait until that hits 180 days?

I don't think a new app counts as a CLI, and by the sound of your history with Amex I'd say you're good to go whenever you're ready to hit that love button. Good luck and keep us posted!

Message 13 of 15
psm
Contributor

The 25k limit before they ask for tax documents is not a hard threshold. They may ask for documents before 25k or may not above it. Others have reported going above 25k with no request for documents. I just went from 15k to 31k with no request for docs. 

08-2022: EQ 830, TU 834, EX 832 - total credit limit 230,000+
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am eligible for this now. I'm at 10k so presumably I could ask for 30k, but will probably not go over 25k just to keep things simple.

My question: Is it a HP?

I don't really need more limit and if it's going to be a HP I'd rather put it off until later after I've gardened my way to a few planned objectives.

You know for future reference there is an entire thread dedicated to Amex CLIs.  Generally better to look there than to post in a 2 month old thread.  The answer to your question is very easy to find there.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811071

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.